MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Kyle Hendricks, who the Cubs got from the Rangers when they traded Ryan Dempster in 2012, has turned out to be an ideal cheap back of the rotation starter. He doesn't throw with great velocity and doesn't have great stuff but has excellent command that has yielded some pretty good results. He had a great abbreviated rookie campaign, was basically a league average starter last season, and looks really good/has had great results so far this season.

There are days where he'll get lit up and I don't necessarily want to risk staring him in October, but he is generating tremendous value for his $500,000 salary. For a 5th starter I'll take that for sure.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mazara with his second consecutive rookie of the month award. :towel

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Kyle Hendricks, who the Cubs got from the Rangers when they traded Ryan Dempster in 2012, has turned out to be an ideal cheap back of the rotation starter. He doesn't throw with great velocity and doesn't have great stuff but has excellent command that has yielded some pretty good results. He had a great abbreviated rookie campaign, was basically a league average starter last season, and looks really good/has had great results so far this season.

There are days where he'll get lit up and I don't necessarily want to risk staring him in October, but he is generating tremendous value for his $500,000 salary. For a 5th starter I'll take that for sure.
:angry

Not so much about losing him but I just loathe rentals.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I would also like to take this opportunity to once again thank the Houston Astros organization for taking Mark Appel over Kris Bryant in the 2013 draft. Another dinger today off of LAD phenom Julio Urias. 442 feet off the video board. 1/3 into the season he is batting .280 with 14 HR, 39 Runs, and 40 RBI.

:flairwoo

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
OMG that is too cute.
Now that the Astros are playing better we should have a better series coming up. With a four game series You are surely going to get Hamels and Darvish.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Now that the Astros are playing better we should have a better series coming up. With a four game series You are surely going to get Hamels and Darvish.
I would just be glad to take one game, because we all know Houston will be dry before the Astros ever beat the Rangers in a series, BRO.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I would also like to take this opportunity to once again thank the Houston Astros organization for taking Mark Appel over Kris Bryant in the 2013 draft. Another dinger today off of LAD phenom Julio Urias. 442 feet off the video board. 1/3 into the season he is batting .280 with 14 HR, 39 Runs, and 40 RBI.

:flairwoo
Appel very well might be our latest Phil Nevin.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Ian Desmond is a big fag. He overvalued himself. Big deal he can play left and center...his real value came as being a hitting SS. What he is doing now is what OFers do.

He turned down a 7 year 107 mil deal before last season too.

Rev

Staff member
Ian Desmond is a big fag. He overvalued himself. Big deal he can play left and center...his real value came as being a hitting SS. What he is doing now is what OFers do.

He turned down a 7 year 107 mil deal before last season too.
I like him at CF. He had more errors at SS then Andrus did last year. I don't care if he is doing what others do but that he is doing it period. He will get that contract this off-season for sure. Probably not 7/107 but will get paid.

Rev

Staff member
Here is a contract worth 20 mill per year.....

Over the last 365 days Fielder and Andrus have the same OPS.

:budd

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Here is a contract worth 20 mill per year.....

Over the last 365 days Fielder and Andrus have the same OPS.

:budd
It's really bad. They need to DL them and get some players up here that will contribute. What a waste for all that money.

D

Deuce

God bless Kevin Jepson. Not only did he net the Rays a real nice pitching prospect in his trade last year, he's also been sucking so much all year that Perkins is almost assured his closers job back. Good for my fantasy team.

Rev

Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
2nd day on the bench for Fielder. Its being said as a rest but Prince said benching.
Yeah, he even said, "only thing hurt are my emotions and feelings" or something like that when asked if him sitting was because he was hurt.

D

Deuce

2nd day on the bench for Fielder. Its being said as a rest but Prince said benching.
Regardless, DFA'ing him will make you eat that contract. As long as the Rangers will be will in to eat a chunk, he has trade value. Then bring up Gallo.

Rev

Staff member
Regardless, DFA'ing him will make you eat that contract. As long as the Rangers will be will in to eat a chunk, he has trade value. Then bring up Gallo.
How much you willing to pay for a worse version of Andrus at the plate and can't play the field? We got bamboozled and there is still 4 years left after this year. Just stuck with it and I will try to limit my bitching in here.

D

Deuce

How much you willing to pay for a worse version of Andrus at the plate and can't play the field? We got bamboozled and there is still 4 years left after this year. Just stuck with it and I will try to limit my bitching in here.
Why does Andrus keep getting brought up? He's hitting damn near .300 and has speed on the base paths.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
No, please go on. Get it all out.

Rev

Staff member
Why does Andrus keep getting brought up? He's hitting damn near .300 and has speed on the base paths.
Well in this case it was the kind of hitter he is. Your not getting power from Fielder. I know the numbers looked good last season but all of that was from the first quarter of the season. Basically I don't expect much more than singles from him which is what Elvis hits. It wasn't a knock on Elvis at all and neither was the OPS I posted the other day.

Top Bottom