MLB Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Heading into yesterday's game against Kansas City, the Twins were 12-32. 0-17 against division rival Royals, White Sox, and Tigers. But they are now the hottest team in baseball. A one game winning streak, and undefeated in the division. :towel

If you only start counting from yesterday. Which I am.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yu is back, bitches!!!!

:towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Syndergard throws behind Chase Utley and gets ejected. I think he should have only been warned but, whatever. Utley must have took it personal tho. Next two at bats, a solo shot to break a scoreless tie, then a grand slam to blow it open. That's gotta sting a little for the mets.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Twins win their 3rd straight, 6-5 at Seattle. :towel

This one ended with runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs. (fuck you, Kevin Jepsen) Then Jepsen throws a pitch in the dirt and the runner on 1st takes off. Centeno throws to second to catch the runner in a run down. Dozier runs him back towards first, then throws behind the guy at third who is tagged out, and Nunez throws back to second to get that runner. A 2-4-5-6 game ending double play. Wow. Never saw anything like it.

Jepsen credited with the save. :rolleyes

Rev

Staff member
That's funny.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
ESPN's front page calls Clayton Kershaw "maybe the best pitcher of all time."

Am I crazy, or maybe tap the brakes a little bit?

Carp

DCC 4Life
ESPN's front page calls Clayton Kershaw "maybe the best pitcher of all time."

Am I crazy, or maybe tap the brakes a little bit?
What he is doing is historic. He went through a streak where he had 4 consecutive starts with 10 or more strike outs and no more than 1 walk. Strasburg did it last year, but prior to these guys doing it no one had done it since 1913. Amazing. Also, I think players we grew up watching seem larger than life because we were kids then...we are more critical as adults.

Rev

Staff member
Astros look to be waking up. Until Monday at least....

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What he is doing is historic. He went through a streak where he had 4 consecutive starts with 10 or more strike outs and no more than 1 walk. Strasburg did it last year, but prior to these guys doing it no one had done it since 1913. Amazing. Also, I think players we grew up watching seem larger than life because we were kids then...we are more critical as adults.
Kershaw is having a ridiculous year. I was looking at his stats the other day. 105 Ks to just 5 BBs. Holy shit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Kershaw is having a ridiculous year. I was looking at his stats the other day. 105 Ks to just 5 BBs. Holy shit.
But as soon as that calendar flips to October we all know what will happen.

Cotton

Staff member

It's too bad we just signed Fielder to 4 more years. Keeping Yu is going to be tough.

Cotton

Staff member
I stand corrected. We didn't resign Fielder. That's just what is left on the contract from Detroit.

Rev

Staff member
Bautista still crying about Odor.

Rev

Staff member
After a rocky start getting used to a new league Ian Desmond has been worth every penny. Not only getting used to the pitchers but able to play 2 new positions at a very high level. It's going to be sad to watch him leave but he is playing himself into a very big payday. Great signing.

Rev

Staff member
And F Bautista.

Rev

Staff member
Somebody woke up Mookie Betts. 5 homers in a 24 hour span. Yikes.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

:towel

Top Bottom