MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Jorge Soler with a couple more bombs tonight. #solerpower #cirquedusoler #solerflare

Shit is going to get real next year when Kris Bryant comes up.

Carp

DCC 4Life
When I think of our rotation of Harvey, Wheeler, deGrom, Syndergaard, and Matz...shit...potentially great. Frees us up to deal Gee and Niese...I'd move Syndergaard now for a young bat.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
When I think of our rotation of Harvey, Wheeler, deGrom, Syndergaard, and Matz...shit...potentially great. Frees us up to deal Gee and Niese...I'd move Syndergaard now for a young bat.
What about Rafael Montero?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I gave the A's credit for being aggressive dealing for Lester, but damn...looks like they are going to have issues scoring without Cespedes. They got Dunn, but I did not see this coming.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Is this just because he has been around and was good and stuff, or did he die and I missed it?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not a Yanks fan, but Jeter deserves all the love he is getting now. An alltimer...just a flatout winner...played the game the right way and served as a perfect bridge from the 90s to now.

Cotton

Staff member
Not a Yanks fan, but Jeter deserves all the love he is getting now. An alltimer...just a flatout winner...played the game the right way and served as a perfect bridge from the 90s to now.
I agree that he deserves some love, but a commemorative patch? Really?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I agree that he deserves some love, but a commemorative patch? Really?
Never understood why people have to die first to be recognized. He means so much to that franchise it's ridiculous.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Nightmarish season is almost over. The ESPN text I got said due to personal reasons. Either way I'm glad that they didnt use the injuries as an excuse.

Thanks for getting us there but time to move on.

Cotton

Staff member
:towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
WTF? So he "resigns" with a month left in the season? Or did they find him on the clubhouse floor, naked and chopping a line.

As an aside, I'd take him in Minnesota over Ron Gardenhire.
:unsure

Rev

Staff member
WTF? So he "resigns" with a month left in the season? Or did they find him on the clubhouse floor, naked and chopping a line.

As an aside, I'd take him in Minnesota over Ron Gardenhire.
:unsure
His reason is off the field personal matter. I've seen all kinds of excuses so far but the two that are popping up the most are drug relapse and front office disputes. Those are just speculation but plenty of reasoning behind them.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hopefully the Twins will finally fire Ron Gardenhire at the end of the season. And he can take that worthless pitching coach Rick Anderson with him. I'd get rid of everybody except Terry Steinbach (bench/catching coach), Tom Brunansky (hitting coach), and Paul Molitor (bench coach). Promote either Steinbach or Molitor to manager. Also, see if I could find anybody stupid enough to take on Joe Mauer's contract this winter, and start the youth movement.

The Twins have a lot of young guys that are either ready or close to it. Buxton and Sano were both set back a bit this year with injuries, but I think both will be midseason callups next year. All we need is a little more starting pitching. Next year we should start making some strides. I expect them to contend by 2016 if we can get our pitching in order. We do have some arms with pedigree in the minors, but you just never know.

Twins/Cubs 2016 world series?

:towel

D

Deuce

Substance related or not, you can't expect the Rangers to say anything different other than a denial.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Rev

Staff member
Wash sent a text to Bob Nightengale saying "I'll be back! Need some time!".

WTH?

Top Bottom