Michael Sam would have had four offers if undrafted

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Self promotion with talent (Dieon) can be fun and entertaining; This kind of stuff pisses me off. I'm rooting for fail. Call me prejudiced if you like, but had he gone about it like I mentioned above I would have had tons more respect and appreciation for the dude. I work with several gays on my department and without fail, all of them are great and they just plain do their jobs. Their private live are just that. They are respectful and respected.

D

Deuce

Considering you've continued to refer to them as "gays" in multiple posts, yes I think people will call you prejudiced.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Considering you've continued to refer to them as "gays" in multiple posts, yes I think people will call you prejudiced.
That's not exactly a homophobic slur. I think your sensitivity is too high.

D

Deuce

That's not exactly a homophobic slur. I think your sensitivity is too high.
Maybe ultra conservative Texas hasn't quite caught up yet, but referring to a group of people as "gays" around here hasn't been PC in a while.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Maybe ultra conservative Texas hasn't quite caught up yet, but referring to a group of people as "gays" around here hasn't been PC in a while.
I don't see how it's any different from any other acceptable word used in plural:
Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, Jews, Christians, Muslims, Athiests, Gays, Straights.

It's how we come up with group names in the English language. If the word Gay isn't pejorative as an adjective it shouldn't be as a plural noun. You're being silly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see how it's any different from any other acceptable word used in plural:

It's how we come up with group names in the English language. If the word Gay isn't pejorative as an adjective it shouldn't be as a plural noun. You're being silly.
I'm pretty sure if you refer to "The Blacks" you're also being racist.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Yep it all rather crazy. I remember when gay and being gay was a verb.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Michael Sam reality show on hold

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 16, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT

A planned reality TV show centered on Rams rookie defensive end Michael Sam has been placed on hold.

The Oprah Winfrey Network announced that it is postponing the Sam reality show, after Sam faced criticism from those who said his decision to become the focal point of a TV show was incompatible with his claims that he’s totally focused on football.

Sam’s agent released a statement saying, “After today’s meeting with the Rams, we collectively feel it is best to postpone the project. This will allow for Michael to have a total focus on football, and will ensure no distractions to his teammates. Everybody involved remains committed to this project and understands its historical importance as well as its positive message.”

When the project was announced on Wednesday, Sam said in a statement that, “my focus is on playing football to the very best of my ability.” And the show was reportedly slated to show Sam hard at work trying to make the Rams’ roster.

But by Thursday, Sam had begun facing criticism by fans and members of the media who questioned whether he was more interested in becoming a star than a football player. More importantly, at least one Rams player had concerns, and there were conflicting reports about whether the NFL was aware of Sam’s plans to participate in the reality TV show.

OWN says it continues to support Sam. It wouldn’t be surprising to see him working with the network at some point, but that point will not be this summer, while all of Sam’s work will be football-focused.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can't live without my hourly Michael Sam updates.
He is a hypocritical distressed queen.

Sorry, I was okay with the guy before but it seems like he is exploiting his gayness now and trying to play the NFL and the game itself as foils.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol Seems like the backlash was too much. Dumbass.

Cotton

Staff member
Sounds like now that the Rams had a little say in it being put off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sounds like now that the Rams had a little say in it being put off.
Looks like they basically told this guy to knock it off and they weren't dealing with the distraction from a 7th rounder. Good for them.

Cotton

Staff member
Looks like they basically told this guy to knock it off and they weren't dealing with the distraction from a 7th rounder. Good for them.
Yep.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
He is a hypocritical distressed queen.

Sorry, I was okay with the guy before but it seems like he is exploiting his gayness now and trying to play the NFL and the game itself as foils.
I was happy for the dude before, but now, just go away so we can discuss Johnny Football some more.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm pretty sure if you refer to "The Blacks" you're also being racist.
When you throw that "the" in there it changes the meaning, since "the Blacks" would be inclusive of all of them. So if I start a sentence with "The Blacks.." it would probably signal that I was about to make some horrible racist generalization.

You don't always need to expand every noun to a phrase to describe people. I could say homosexual or African-American but making words longer doesn't make them better in any rational way.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Since the groups refer to themselves as Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual and Transgendered (GLBT when their groups refer to them together for representation sake) I don't think my calling them "gays" is any sort of slur sir. No more so than referring to a group of folks as Whites, Blacks, Latinos, etc. It is what it is so lighten up. I didn't say homo, queer or any other pejorative.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm no gay defender but I could see this as a money seeking opportunity more than anything.

Top Bottom