Meet the Texas wrestler who won a girls’ state title. His name is Mack.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I've had two experiences with girls competing with boys in sports. One was a girl that wanted to play on a football team that I coached. I didn't want her there but I also didn't want to deal with controversy so I let her on the team knowing she wouldn't last. The boys on the team absolutely didn't want her around either. They pretty much made sure that she physically couldn't handle it and quit.

The other was when my friend's son had to wrestle a girl. That is a no-win situation. If you lose you are scared for life, if you win you just beat up a girl. These poor boys didn't know where to out their hands at all. Basically the only thing to do was to tell him to overpower her and make it fast.
So many things are uncertain in life and now we're blurring the lines of physical gender. Not sure how we don't expect our kids to be confused.

Shame on the adults for letting this happen.

Even if transgenderism is a true medical condition, big frikkin deal.

We don't bend over backwards to spare the feelings of other people who have truly debilitating disabilities.

It took decades before handicap restrooms showed up across the country, so wtf are we willing to let transgenders play such a huge role in our political landscape?

There are not enough of them to twist everything up for the rest of this nation. Just stupid that we're having discussions about this in 2017.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
But my feelings!

You're racist!

That's sexist!

I'm triggered!

OMG, how could you say that?

Think about the pain!

Meanwhile we have thousands of homeless vets, elderly, and orphaned children who genuinely need attention. They should be our concern.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
And when government spends time legislating this kind of shit, it's really gone too far.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But my feelings!

You're racist!

That's sexist!

I'm triggered!

Think about the pain!

Meanwhile we have thousands of homeless vets, elderly, and orphaned children who genuinely need attention. They should be our concern.
:buddy

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
But my feelings!

You're racist!

That's sexist!

I'm triggered!

Think about the pain!

It would be cool if Hollywood would get all bent out of shape for this but its not trendy enough.

2233boys

Not So New Member
But my feelings!

You're racist!

That's sexist!

I'm triggered!

Think about the pain!

You are right, and the corporatist dems won't allow that to be the focus.

2233boys

Not So New Member
It would be cool if Hollywood would get all bent out of shape for this but its not trendy enough.
Plenty do, and plenty give tons of money for those things, but that doesn't make the headlines.

Our media is owned by corporations and like our government only care about making huge profits. So they cover what the dimwitted public wants to see.

vince

Not So New Member
So many things are uncertain in life and now we're blurring the lines of physical gender. Not sure how we don't expect our kids to be confused.

Shame on the adults for letting this happen.

Even if transgenderism is a true medical condition, big frikkin deal.

We don't bend over backwards to spare the feelings of other people who have truly debilitating disabilities.

It took decades before handicap restrooms showed up across the country, so wtf are we willing to let transgenders play such a huge role in our political landscape?

There are not enough of them to twist everything up for the rest of this nation. Just stupid that we're having discussions about this in 2017.
Exactly. It sucks but shit happens. I've been type 1 diabetic since I was 6 years old. That doesn't mean I should be allowed to get discounted insurance or be given special privileges.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
But my feelings!

You're racist!

That's sexist!

I'm triggered!

Think about the pain!

I deal with depression and anxiety which can be debilitating at times, and there are normal daily situations that nobody else would be bothered by that trigger a bout of it.

The difference is that I cope the best I can, and I don't expect the world to bend itself so as to help me avoid my own unique issues.

I also feel like people who do cope with legitimate emotional and stress disorders are done a disservice by little wusses who want trigger warnings before a bad guy in a book uses a racial slur or a comedian makes a trans joke or whatever. It used to be that those warnings were for kids. "Parental guidance is suggested."

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Exactly. It sucks but shit happens. I've been type 1 diabetic since I was 6 years old. That doesn't mean I should be allowed to get discounted insurance or be given special privileges.
Whether you SHOULD get discounted insurance or special privileges is a different discussion for sure.

But for a new "medical condition" to suddenly pop up on our national radar and then legislation pushed to pacify these folks suffering from this "medical condition", I'd say is pretty silly. Especially when we have folks like yourself who have an actual established medical issue. We've never pandered to one medical group, so I don't get why we're allowing this to get out of hand.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I deal with depression and anxiety which can be debilitating at times, and there are normal daily situations that nobody else would be bothered by that trigger a bout of it.

The difference is that I cope the best I can, and I don't expect the world to bend itself so as to help me avoid my own unique issues.

I also feel like people who do cope with legitimate emotional and stress disorders are done a disservice by little wusses who want trigger warnings before a bad guy in a book uses a racial slur or a comedian makes a trans joke or whatever. It used to be that those warnings were for kids. "Parental guidance is suggested."
I can't like your post enough, Kentravious.

townsend

Banned
HURST - If Hurst teen Mack Beggs wants to wrestle this spring and summer, the transgender boy will only have the option to wrestle boys under a new policy adopted by USA Wrestling.

The governing body for amateur wrestling adopted the policy at its executive committee meeting on March 14.

The policy states anyone transitioning from female to male "shall only be eligible to compete in the male category without restriction." The athlete need only "declared that his gender identity is male."

The policy stands in direct contrast with a rule approved by the University Interscholastic League in 2016 that requires public school students to compete based on their assigned gender at birth.

Tony Black with USA Wrestling, which operates under the U.S. Olympic Committee, told News 8 on Thursday the policy was adopted ahead of its season that begins in March.

“I would say a changing culture and ensuring that we’re in line with the International Olympic Committee recommendations on this exact matter," Black said.

The move comes one month after Beggs, a Euless Trinity High junior, won the girls state 6A wrestling title in the 110lb weight class.

Beggs, 17, identifies as male and receives doctor prescribed testosterone treatments as part of his transition.

Parents of wrestlers he defeated said those treatments constituted an unfair advantage and put their daughters at risk of injury.

A Coppell parent filed a civil lawsuit against the UIL asking that Beggs be unable to compete in the girls division during his senior year in 2017-18.

Organizations like the IOC and NCAA allow athletes to compete in sports based on the gender they identify with.

The UIL transgender rule prevented Beggs from competing against boys in high school tournaments, but the USA Wrestling rule will allow him to do so in off-season, non UIL events.

The policy is effective immediately.

Top Bottom