Malik Hooker Signs Contract Extension

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
With the depth they have at safety I'd say this was an unnecessary extension. Hooker's been solid but I'd have looked to spend that money elsewhere.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's a little more than I would've expected but not bad overall.

The key thing here is that Hooker is our only true deep centerfield, single high type safety. The rest of these guys are basically box safeties and slot cover guys in terms of Kearse, Wilson, Bell, Mukuamu and perhaps even Thomas to varying extents.

We could relatively easily replace Kearse with someone like Bell and not have to change much schematically, if Hooker went down we'd have to play more 2-deep and similar stuff.

I'd still like to bring Kearse back next year but probably not for more than like 2/10.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think Kearse is the best of the group.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think Kearse is the best of the group.
I think Wilson is but Kearse is probably slightly better than Hooker in terms of a 1:1 comparison in absolutes, but we've managed to replicate something close to Kearse's skill set in several younger, cheaper players. Given that Kearse will turn 30 after this season I think it's 50/50 that he's back.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Wilson is but Kearse is probably slightly better than Hooker in terms of a 1:1 comparison in absolutes, but we've managed to replicate something close to Kearse's skill set in several younger, cheaper players. Given that Kearse will turn 30 after this season I think it's 50/50 that he's back.
Yeah, Hooker is just a different type of safety than most of our other guys.

Top Bottom