Malik Hooker Signs Contract Extension

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But, fuck Zach Martin, right?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
But, fuck Zach Martin, right?

I mean, Hooker was going to be a free agent at the end of the year. And yet showed up and did his job and got rewarded.

Also Hooker was on a contract that paid him about $7 million total, compared to Martin's 84 million contract (with 2 years left).

Genghis Khan

Impact your thoughts on Martin at all?

No why would it. Hooker showed up and played despite being in the last year of his deal instead of acting like a child.

I think it makes Martin look worse actually.

p1_

DCC 4Life
No why would it. Hooker showed up and played despite being in the last year of his deal instead of acting like a child.

I think it makes Martin look worse actually.
One could say that Hookers not as valuable to the team as Martin. And less important. Stephen might say that.

Cotton

Staff member
I mean, Hooker was going to be a free agent at the end of the year. And yet showed up and did his job and got rewarded.

Also Hooker was on a contract that paid him about $7 million total, compared to Martin's 84 million contract (with 2 years left).
Oh, so now you want to do this.

Genghis Khan

One could say that Hookers not as valuable to the team as Martin. And less important. Stephen might say that.

Of course Hooker isn't as valuable or as good as Martin. It's not about that though.

The team wasn't going to just let Martin go at the end of this contract. So obviously he was going to get extended regardless. Probably they plan on extending him next year but Martin wants it now and is holding his breath til he turns blue like a child to try and get his way.

Cotton

Staff member
Of course Hooker isn't as valuable or as good as Martin. It's not about that though.

The team wasn't going to just let Martin go at the end of this contract. So obviously he was going to get extended regardless. Probably they plan on extending him next year but Martin wants it now and is holding his breath til he turns blue like a child to try and get his way.
I may be going swimming at a friend's house or it would be so on right now.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Times are changing.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not surprising since Hooker was a classic Jerry scrap heap find and pet cat. He loves those former high picks coming off injury. Jerry always went out of his way to prop him.

Tldr: Of course Jerry was going to pay his favorite Hooker.

Top Bottom