MacMahon: Jaws ranks Tony Romo as No. 15 QB

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Romo hate has spread to epic dimensions and it's time we put a lid on it.

Any posts/threads that berate the team or Romo in any way will result in automatic suspension of your DCC account.

I'll be backlogging posts and will bring haters and negative ninnies to justice.

This won't keep on being tolerated.

=======================

This post is by no means indicative of the DCC's stance on teh Tony Romo guy.
Geeeet out!

Carp

DCC 4Life
Romo needs to be led...normally you would like your QB to be the team leader, but that is just not who he is. He needs a stronger, more forceful personality behind him. That is why Parcells was so good for him...and why Phillips and Garrett are so bad for him. Even when he chews the asses or the OL or calls Ogletree stupid I do not get the sense that they really give a shit what he is saying. Ronnie Hillman said he was more scared of letting Manning down than the coaching staff...that is good stuff right there and makes me envious of teams who have true leaders at QB.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Way off topic, but the best part of Cruz's contract extension was them showing him pwning Newman over and over in that win or go home game :laff

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Romo needs to be led...normally you would like your QB to be the team leader, but that is just not who he is. He needs a stronger, more forceful personality behind him. That is why Parcells was so good for him...and why Phillips and Garrett are so bad for him. Even when he chews the asses or the OL or calls Ogletree stupid I do not get the sense that they really give a shit what he is saying. Ronnie Hillman said he was more scared of letting Manning down than the coaching staff...that is good stuff right there and makes me envious of teams who have true leaders at QB.
This is the heart of it. His role on the team was class clown for his first three and a half years. QB needs to be alpha dog from the start.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Exactly.

This is something that Romo's biggest supporters fail to acknowledge when they come up with all of the reasons why he hasn't done this or that. Yes, a better coaching staff and a better line help, but he's still going to be a mistake prone guy because that's just who he is.

If you hear some people tell it, the guy is just a victim of circumstance and none of the stupid turnovers he commits are his fault.
I've been listening to that bullshit for years. It's the same blind myopic nonsense that Favre supporters used to puke out during his time in Green Bay after the Walrus moved on to Seattle and no one held him accountable for anything anymore.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
That's a good point. It's not really his fault or anything he can change drastically enough, but Romo's personality and background just don't lend themselves to the leadership requirements of an NFL QB.

Carl

RIP Brother
I think Romo should be a little higher. Maybe 2-5 spots, but I won't argue with an Eagles homer. Personally, I think we ask way too much of Romo and have done for a while. He is not physically gifted enough to carry a team; there is a reason he wasn't drafted, yet that is often what we ask him to do. The lack of talent on this team, means that unless Romo is close to perfect, we lose. We don't control field position, don't force turnovers and haven't run the ball well in a while.

I am happy to give him another shot at things.

Top Bottom