Machota: Cowboys say they aren’t done in free agency, so here are 15 notable players still available

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Akiem Hicks is the guy I'd go after, bolster the interior rush.

But we'll probably sign some schlub who hasn't started a game in 2 years and call it a day.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
What stands out as the weakest position on this roster?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To start the season WR still makes me uncomfortable. Washington just jumping out there is not great but hopefully Big Ben was holding him back. Tolbert just needs to be ready to help move the chains. If Gallup is back 100% it's not concerning to me anymore.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
To start the season WR still makes me uncomfortable. Washington just jumping out there is not great but hopefully Big Ben was holding him back. Tolbert just needs to be ready to help move the chains. If Gallup is back 100% it's not concerning to me anymore.
We don't need the disgusting overkill we enjoyed the past two seasons.

Most importantly is that Dak improves and kills the "overwhelming talent around him" talk. Prescott took a step backwards in spite of his statistical success against some of the worst teams in the NFL.

I'm sure NFL teams have fielded much, much worse than CeeDee Lamb, James Washington, Jalen Tolbert, and Dalton Schultz. If Dak can't throw the ball with those targets we have a much bigger problem long term.

By comparison, the Ravens are probably going to make their QB run what amounts to a 3 TE offense.

Now there will be no offseason injury to get in his way, Dak has to get it done. No excuses.

Last edited:

CHAMP BOY

Not So New Member
We have a very good team but we need to replace our:
  • starting center(NOW) and replace him with free agent JC Tretter
  • another WR slot like Beasley
  • backup linebacker
  • find a veteran Free Safety

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am still not convinced we have adequately addressed the interior DL. Getting a run stopper in Ridgeway is just addressing a role, but we will still don't have any tackle on the roster that can impact a game.

Other positions make me nervous but none are as flat as the DTs.

CHAMP BOY

Not So New Member
So you do not believe in Bohanna and Ridgeway? They needed to cut Carlos Watkins yesterday. We need another backup linebacker and maybe Akiem Hicks for insurance if Bohanna and Ridgeway does not respond right away.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We have a very good team but we need to replace our:
  • starting center(NOW) and replace him with free agent JC Tretter
Giving up the BIlly Price dream so soon? You were telling us we need to sign him less than 24 hours ago.

CHAMP BOY

Not So New Member
Yeah, Billy Price might be out of our market price but Tretter would work for us, he is a veteran, cheaper and he is a better center than our current center

p1_

DCC 4Life
they should be talking to Hicks.

CHAMP BOY

Not So New Member
Ridgeway should be fine as a Brent Urban-type. Bohanna has had way too much talk about him for as mediocre as he is. Watkins as an edge of the roster player and should never be considered a starter.

This defense does not have a guy who can play 3 or 5-T. Odighizuwa has some traits but I don't think he will be able to take the next step. I am not even going to get started on Gallimore. I am very down on him. Trysten Hill should be walking the streets already.
We need more size on our defense line so we need Bohanna and Ridgeway to be our 1 technique. I thought maybe we start Odighizuwa at our 3 technique and Gallimore as the backup. Anyway, we need more free agent help or we are going to fall behind the Eagles on talent.

Top Bottom