Machota: Cowboys positional review - What to expect of Leighton Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay. That’s about what I though. His actual condition and the possible success of a surgical procedure are not known to anyone and everything is opinion or conjecture. I know I haven’t seen any actual reports or articles on it but it would probably be in Vander Esch’s personal interest to keep a lid on it until he knows for certain he is good to go. Keeping a lid on it however creates suspicion and doubt so there’s that.
Yeah pretty much the only people who know are his doctors and the Cowboys organization. We are all just jaded when it comes to this stuff so we assume the worst.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I understand all that but nerves are nerves and when you mess around that area it really doesnt matter who you are.
That's true but unfortunately we don't know the extent of how the nerves were impacted. Every case is very different with this stuff.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So no one has actually been able to confirm whether Vander Esch is actually out or is possibly going to be declared able to return? I haven’t seen anything definitively either way. Or I have missed something.
its interesting how the mediots dont know the status of either LVE or Crawford. Lets just focus on the QBs contract, and leave these critical pieces unadressed and uncertain.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The team has said they expect him to be 100% for all offseason activities, these media types aren't going to report anything beyond that. They aren't investigative journalists, the majority of them are either team mouthpieces who trade fealty for inside information, or hot take artists.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The team has said they expect him to be 100% for all offseason activities, these media types aren't going to report anything beyond that. They aren't investigative journalists, the majority of them are either team mouthpieces who trade fealty for inside information, or hot take artists.
So at present the “fact” of the matter is nebulous and no one can speak with certainty until Vander Esch, his physical or someone who has seen or been briefed about the surgery. My guess however, is the team physician has been told the results and If that’s the case then the Front office knows as well.

Top Bottom