Machota: Cowboys mock draft - Projecting Dallas’ picks in the first three rounds

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
We have been following the same team together for a while, right?

Do you honestly think we will do these things?

First of all, we ain't trading shit, okay?

Any trade we even try to accomplish has at least a 75% chance of failure.

Stockpiling picks? Are you kidding? We just figured out how the comp picks thing goes and are all into that.

They believe in the draft but they really don't have a lot of confidence of playing the game.

They are basically low risk investors who sit on their fucking money.

Anyways. Have a good day.

Sincerely,

DFDC
This is all true. We prob sign Obj to sell tickets, cheap the hell out on FA, and blow our first round pick on a Wr who isn’t projected to go in the first. We will run it back with Dak is our guy. Meanwhile, the eagles and 49ers will draft a stud DT or DE and load up on their lines. Hell the eagles will prob trade their backup quarterback for a 3rd and move ahead of us and take the guy we want.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is all true. We prob sign Obj to sell tickets, cheap the hell out on FA, and blow our first round pick on a Wr who isn’t projected to go in the first. We will run it back with Dak is our guy. Meanwhile, the eagles and 49ers will draft a stud DT or DE and load up on their lines. Hell the eagles will prob trade their backup quarterback for a 3rd and move ahead of us and take the guy we want.
I feel like a proud father right now.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Or the guy might just be a spaz.
Honestly, if you swap Qbs with the 49ers we win that game. We would have gotten curbstomped the following week though. This team just doesn’t value DT or QB. We would rather run it back for a decade instead of trying to upgrade those spots. Dak is our guy and Jerry would rather sell tickets and blame all of the other players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Honestly, if you swap Qbs with the 49ers we win that game. We would have gotten curbstomped the following week though. This team just doesn’t value DT or QB. We would rather run it back for a decade instead of trying to upgrade those spots. Dak is our guy and Jerry would rather sell tickets and blame all of the other players.
Every team struggles with the position.

In a way, I understand the desire to make the investment in Prescott work out.

I know I would be scared to death if I truly needed to find a QB in today's NFL.

Prescott is not all of that. And psst...neither was Romo.

Any QB that ever has to take this job will probably need to be a special player for us to ever win a Super Bowl again.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

I know I would be scared to death if I truly needed to find a QB in today's NFL.

Any QB that ever has to take this job will probably need to be a special player for us to ever win a Super Bowl again.
All because Jerry wants to prove he did it his way. The year we drafted Dak we could have moved from 4 to 2 to get a QB and instead we sat tight. In retrospect it probably wouldn’t have worked but who knows.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All because Jerry wants to prove he did it his way. The year we drafted Dak we could have moved from 4 to 2 to get a QB and instead we sat tight. In retrospect it probably wouldn’t have worked but who knows.
What QB?

Clff15701

DCC 4Life

The 49ers take a QB every single year. You don’t see them handing out max contracts crippling the team. They draft studs on the line and plug in QBs from the mid rounds. A stud DT would do wonders for this team. Instead we get stuck with undersized players on the line and spend all of our money on injured players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The 49ers take a QB every single year. You don’t see them handing out max contracts crippling the team. They draft studs on the line and plug in QBs from the mid rounds. A stud DT would do wonders for this team. Instead we get stuck with undersized players on the line and spend all of our money on injured players.
Taking a QB every year should be GM 101 but it isn't.

The whole thing is that there is an illusion exists that every team can follow a blueprint.

They can't. We spent years chasing the Patriot blueprint.

It all comes down to coaching and scheme.

You have to have a system to plug the Brock Purdy's of this world into.

Fuck McCarthy kicked our ass with Matt Flynn.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Taking a QB every year should be GM 101 but it isn't.

The whole thing is that there is an illusion exists that every team can follow a blueprint.

They can't. We spent years chasing the Patriot blueprint.

It all comes down to coaching and scheme.

You have to have a system to plug the Brock Purdy's of this world into.

Fuck McCarthy kicked our ass with Matt Flynn.
QB every year never was exactly a thing either. Just not practical.

Even Ron Wolf averaged one every other year.

But yeah, the gist is you keep drafting them. Keep the backup spot fresh, get some healthy competition in the QB room, and create major trade bait for the inevitably desperate teams out there that need QBs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
QB every year never was exactly a thing either. Just not practical.

Even Ron Wolf averaged one every other year.

But yeah, the gist is you keep drafting them. Keep the backup spot fresh, get some healthy competition in the QB room, and create major trade bait for the inevitably desperate teams out there that need QBs.
We wouldn't trade them even if we hit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would be tough. The last time we actually developed a QB was Romo. I don’t think Scott Tolkien is the next Sean Payton.
Was David Lee part of that too? Or am I remember the QB coach wrong.

Top Bottom