Machota: Cowboys get positive Dak Prescott news and how they plan to move forward with Cooper Rush

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
Have to remember Dak was a 4th round pick. He emerged as a leader and a presence, and that was almost all Dallas could hope for. Also have to wonder about the quality of coaching. Not to make excuses, but was he ever a QB who could carry a team on his back?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I didn't notice any problems with Dak's arm strength other than when he was being hit while he threw. The main problem was some inaccuracy and just the fact that the guys he was throwing to were covered. (There may have been open guys, I couldn't see the whole field, but the guys he was throwing to weren't open for the most part, sans that pathetic miss to Brown)
It was not his arm.

You can't throw if you do not set. His mechanics were horrible and his feet never stopped moving on the majority of his passes.

That's indecision. That's playing scared.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Have to remember Dak was a 4th round pick. He emerged as a leader and a presence, and that was almost all Dallas could hope for. Also have to wonder about the quality of coaching. Not to make excuses, but was he ever a QB who could carry a team on his back?
The ankle took away his confidence to run and also reiterated to the powers that be to excise using his mobility. That makes him a pocket passer which he never ever has been, even dating back to college. Running and the threat of the run was what made him good his rookie season and it has just deteriorated since then as we keep pretending he is something he is not.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It was not his arm.

You can't throw if you do not set. His mechanics were horrible and his feet never stopped moving on the majority of his passes.

I wonder if the ankle "pop" Thursday got in his head, or even actually hampered him somehow.

Grasping at straws, but he wasn't that bad for no reason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wonder if the ankle "pop" Thursday got in his head, or even actually hampered him somehow.

Grasping at straws, but he wasn't that bad for no reason.
I think that, no game action in the preseason. a bad mental day, whatever.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
Of course. But I think he changed mentally over the past few years. He honestly does not have that same kind of swagger he used to.
Swagger is a great word. When he was a 4th round pick with nothing to lose, he played that way -- swashbuckling, let it all hang out. Now a big contract, the ankle injury, a coaching staff with its head up its ass. All makes sense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was not his arm.

It's almost like playing in preseason could have helped prepare him better than practice where he can't be touched...

And oh yeah all that worrying about being hurt in preseason and he got hurt in game one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's almost like playing in preseason could have helped prepare him better than practice where he can't be touched...

And oh yeah all that worrying about being hurt in preseason and he got hurt in game one.
The record of starting QBs that sat out preseason had a horrible record in week one as well. I think most if not all lost.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The ankle took away his confidence to run and also reiterated to the powers that be to excise using his mobility. That makes him a pocket passer which he never ever has been, even dating back to college. Running and the threat of the run was what made him good his rookie season and it has just deteriorated since then as we keep pretending he is something he is not.

Dak's rushing was never his main thing, it was always supplementary. Honestly he was always basically a pocket passer. I don't think that's his issue.

For example, in his rookie season Dak rushed 57 times for 282 yards (about 3.5 attempts per game). For comparison with a true running QB, Hurts last year rushed 139 times for 784 yards (about 9 attempts per game).

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
1. Bring him back early after missing 4 games (record: 1-4)
2. Play like shit for 3 games (record: 2-6)
3. Reinjure hand in 4th game (finish the year 5-12)
4. Jalen Carter

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The record of starting QBs that sat out preseason had a horrible record in week one as well. I think most if not all lost.
I mean it just feels like common sense. QBs know at practices they can't be touched. Do you really want them seeing live pressure and stunts for the first time in like six months in the first game of the season. Fuck even Brady took snaps in preseason.

Those fake scrimmages aren't even close to the same thing. Too fucking late now but I just think our whole offseason was treated with laziness. Just like cutting short our OTAs because everyone just picked things up so fast. GTFO and win something before pampering these turds.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Prescott has already had his best production. He won’t get any better than what he has already produces. I consider him as an adequate QB but not one who can take a team through the playoffs.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Of course. But I think he changed mentally over the past few years. He honestly does not have that same kind of swagger he used to.
He's missing Amari's presence. The guy was a worker and wanted to be precise. You think CeeDee is pressing Dak for repetition after repetition to perfect a double move? It's obvious after watching the ill-timed execution against the Bucs that nobody in the passing game has been overworked.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
It was not his arm.

No doubt everyone's sick of this name, but Brady's footwork is flawless. He's not much of scrambler, but when he sets to throw it's picture perfect.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom