LOL @ the Redskins

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I don't know about anybody else, but I don't like drinking away from my house or wherever I'm going to sleep. The few times I have were recently and my wife was my designated driver. It's possible some of the times I drove hung over I still had a measurable level. I don't know.
Hey I believe him. I mean would any of you invite Clay over for a drink...? Thought so.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Redskins' Jason Hatcher uncertain of return

July, 25, 2014
By John Keim | ESPN.com

RICHMOND, VA. -- Washington Redskins defensive end Jason Hatcher, who opened on the physically unable to perform list, said he's not sure yet when he'll return to full workouts.

Hatcher, one of the Redskins' big free-agent signings this offseason, underwent arthroscopic surgery on his knee in the middle of June. His recovery was said to be four to six weeks. If that's the case, Hatcher might still miss another week.

"I feel great," Hatcher said. "I have to go with the flow. We're on schedule -- I think I'm ahead of schedule. We'll play it slowly when I get back on the field. I want to feel myself."

Of course, if he were indeed ahead of schedule Hatcher might have already returned. But considering the position he plays and the fact he turned 32 earlier this month, there's no need to rush his return. The Redskins need him to be a pivotal player in the pass rush, providing the interior push they have not had much of in recent years.

But Hatcher said his age isn't an issue when it comes to his return.

"It's based on how you take care of your body when you're younger," he said, "and I did a great job taking care of my body. It's one of those things whenever I feel ready and the training staff says I'm ready, then I'll be ready to go. I feel great today. We just have to keep progressing."

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm glad Adam Schefter and the rest of the ESPN NFL Live crew called out RGIII and the Redskins for their idiotic revisionist history.

The latest complaint came from the Redskins GM Bruce Allen claiming that playing RGIII at the beginning of last year was "almost disrespectful to the game".

RGIII was the idiot pushing to come back early. I guess Allen forgot about the "All in for week 1" campaign. The Shanahans didn't force him to accelerate his rehab.

Just a bunch of excuse making and finger pointing going on in Washington. Well, they are in DC so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the excuse making and finger pointing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm glad Adam Schefter and the rest of the ESPN NFL Live crew called out RGIII and the Redskins for their idiotic revisionist history.

The latest complaint came from the Redskins GM Bruce Allen claiming that playing RGIII at the beginning of last year was "almost disrespectful to the game".

RGIII was the idiot pushing to come back early. I guess Allen forgot about the "All in for week 1" campaign. The Shanahans didn't force him to accelerate his rehab.

Just a bunch of excuse making and finger pointing going on in Washington. Well, they are in DC so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the excuse making and finger pointing.
Pretty much. Griffin was the guy rushing it. It is pretty much an established fact. Shanahan got scapegoated big time.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim discusses a fan's plan to get tattoos of the autographs of all 22 starters on the team.
[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11273527[/video]

RICHMOND, VA. -- The 41-year-old man was asking for autographs like thousands of other fans in the crowd. He just happened to be asking for it on his arm. And he then just happened to head to a tattoo parlor to give them a permanent home on his body.

On Sunday, Redskins fan Charlie White got defensive backs Ryan Clark and Brandon Meriweather to sign his arm and in between the team's practice sessions, got their autographs turned into tattoos.

After a brief delay, Redskins fan Charlie White was able to get the signature of quarterback Robert Griffin III on his right wrist.

Meriweather even interrupted Clark's news conference to implore him to sign White's arm. As the cameras rolled, White headed to the podium where Clark indeed signed. White was headed back to the parlor following his successful afternoon session.

"I want all 22 starters," said White, who wore a No. 11 burgundy DeSean Jackson jersey. "I believe in getting starters on my arm for a reason. It's because I bleed burgundy and gold."

In addition to Clark and Meriweather, White also got signatures on his arm from wide receivers Jackson and Santana Moss, as well as from quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Getting Griffin's signature proved to be the most difficult of the bunch.

White saved a spot on his wrist for the quarterback to sign. But when it came for Griffin to put ink to arm, White's sharpie was dry and he had to borrow another. While they posed for pictures, Griffin's mom asked him to step back and fix his hair. Then Griffin finally signed on White's wrist.

Those signatures will join fullback Darrel Young and former starting receiver Josh Morgan on his right arm.

White doesn't seem too concerned whether or not a player has a long-term future with Washington -- Meriweather, for example, is on his third team and playing on a one-year contract.

"As long as they're a starter I want them on my arm," said White, who lives in nearby Quintin and is a warehouse manager for Gas Equipment Company.

White has other Redskins tattoos, including one of the late Sean Taylor. He was not bold enough to do the Lombardi Trophy, but his goal will require a lot more work.

"That's a lot of ink, a lot of time, a lot of money," White said. "I might be starting something. I hope I don't or if I do I want it started after I do all mine."

His wife has no problem with his artwork goal.

"She knows that between fishing and the Redskins, leave me alone," he said.
------------------------

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
White saved a spot on his wrist for the quarterback to sign. But when it came for Griffin to put ink to arm, White's sharpie was dry and he had to borrow another. While they posed for pictures, Griffin's mom asked him to step back and fix his hair. Then Griffin finally signed on White's wrist.
Also, wtf is Griffin's mom doing at TC? Fixing his hair, no less. :lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
His family is like that. Don't know if it was reported here or my sources but his dad was a problem in the locker room last season.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
His dad still walks through the high school stadium on Friday nights like he is royalty.

1bigfan13

Staff member
His family is like that. Don't know if it was reported here or my sources but his dad was a problem in the locker room last season.
His dad still walks through the high school stadium on Friday nights like he is royalty.
This does not surprise me. Remember the reports they had last year about him criticizing the Redskins' system and lobbying for the Skins to bring in Art Briles.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This does not surprise me. Remember the reports they had last year about him criticizing the Redskins' system and lobbying for the Skins to bring in Art Briles.
Just wait. Griffin will wear out his welcome in a few years, Briles will be up for an NFL gig by then.

Jerry already loves him some Art Briles. And he loves RGIII.

Wouldn't that be nice?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Just wait. Griffin will wear out his welcome in a few years, Briles will be up for an NFL gig by then.

Jerry already loves him some Art Briles. And he loves RGIII.

Wouldn't that be nice?
I look forward to the day that RGIII's dad feuds with Jerry.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Redskins rookie draft pick gets busted with Marijuana at camp

Redskins rookie cornerback Bashaud Breeland was cited for misdemeanor possession of marijuana on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond on Monday, the night before the team ended its three-week training camp in the city.

@MikeJonesWaPo: Can confirm #Redskins rookie CB Bashaud Breeland cited for marijuana possession on VCU campus Monday, as @ZacBoyer first reported.

This is not a very smart way to make the team, should be number one on NFL Network’s Cmon Man.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
At camp? :lol indeed.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Redskins rookie draft pick gets busted with Marijuana at camp

Redskins rookie cornerback Bashaud Breeland was cited for misdemeanor possession of marijuana on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond on Monday, the night before the team ended its three-week training camp in the city.

@MikeJonesWaPo: Can confirm #Redskins rookie CB Bashaud Breeland cited for marijuana possession on VCU campus Monday, as @ZacBoyer first reported.

This is not a very smart way to make the team, should be number one on NFL Network’s Cmon Man.
That's a special kind of stupid, right there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Simms, Dungy to avoid using Washington team name

Posted by Mike Florio on August 18, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT

As the 2014 NFL regular season approaches, and as a game involving the Washington NFL franchise airs on national television when this item is posted, a pair of prominent national broadcasters plans to avoid uttering the name of the Washington NFL franchise.

Via the Associated Press, Phil Simms of CBS and Tony Dungy of NBC will refrain (or at least try to) from using the name.

It will be somewhat easier for Dungy than Simms. NBC currently doesn’t have a Washington game on the schedule; CBS does, on September 25 against the New York Giants.

“My very first thought is it will be Washington the whole game,” Simms (pictured) told the AP. “I never really thought about it, and then it came up and it made me think about it. There are a lot of things that can come up in a broadcast, and I am sensitive to this.”

It could get a little awkward in the booth, given that Jim Nantz, who works with Simms, plans to use the name because Nantz believes it is “not my job to take a stance.”

“I will personally try not to use Redskins and refer to them as Washington,” Dungy told the Associated Press. “Personal opinion for me, not the network.”

ESPN will continue to use the name. “We use the marks and nicknames as utilized by the teams, leagues and conferences we cover,” the four-letter network said regarding a term that for many has become a four-letter word.

“As long as their nickname is the Redskins, I’ll continue to call them the Redskins,” FOX analyst Troy Aikman said.

I felt that same way until I saw the commercial from the National Congress of American Indians opposing the name. Unless and until someone makes a persuasive case to the contrary, the National Congress of American Indians remains the representative national voice of Native Americans. If the NCAI finds the name to be offensive, that’s enough for me — and for the past several months I’ve been avoiding it wherever I can. (It popped out once today while hosting The Dan Patrick Show.)

That’s not taking a stance. That’s doing what I now think is the right thing to do, even if it will take some time to completely stop using a term that I’ve used ever since I started watching football in the 1970s.
-------------

You know, I hate this.

So you mean to tell me that Dungy and Simms have just been biting their tongues all these years?

Socially conscious homos.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's the fucking stupid social injustice people that have to be led by the nose the be told what to be all mad about. Sad for those being led, but even more sad for those that are trying to lead them. Always a victim - step one. We will contact you with your next step when we figure it out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Theismann questions RG III's role
Updated: August 24, 2014, 7:59 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

Robert Griffin III's role as Washington's clear-cut starter has been called into question by former Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann.

Theismann, now a sportscaster for the Redskins Broadcast Network, said during Washington loss Saturday night to the Baltimore Ravens that backup Kirk Cousins has been a better quarterback than Griffin.

"Let's stop beating around the bush," Theismann said during the broadcast, according to The Washington Post. "Kirk Cousins has played much better at the quarterback position than Robert Griffin III has. Now, Robert is learning to work out of a pocket. He doesn't look as smooth or as comfortable throwing the football. I mean, your eyes will tell you everything you need to know.

"It's going to be a decision that Jay Gruden is going to have to make. Right now, Robert Griffin III is his quarterback. Now, if there was a quarterback competition, it wouldn't be a competition. Kirk Cousins would be the man I believe he would have to go to, because of the efficiency with which he has run [the offense]. Now Kirk, like I said, is basically a dropback quarterback. I see Andy Dalton in Cincinnati, I see Kirk Cousins that way."

"Kirk Cousins has played much better at the quarterback position than Robert Griffin III has," former Washington QB Joe Theismann said.
Griffin went 5-for-7 for 20 yards in the first half of Washington's 23-17 loss and was sacked three times. He returned in the third quarter and threw just one pass, an interception deep in Washington territory. He also dropped a snap and gained 3 yards on three impromptu runs.

"I think there's going to be a lot of conversation after this football game regarding the quarterback position," Theismann said on the broadcast.

"You can't avoid it. Your eyes don't lie to you. Robert has struggled in the limited opportunities that he has had. And Kirk Cousins has seized the opportunities that he has had when it comes to playing the position and understanding the offense."

Cousins went 14-for-20 for 122 yards and two touchdowns against the Ravens.

"Kirk Cousins did a very good job tonight getting the ball out of his hands," Theismann said. "Decisive with the ball, very accurate when it came to throwing it, and his decisions were very good as well. So it was a very complete second half for him. And you can say it's against the second team, you can say he's with the second team. It doesn't matter. He did a heckuva job tonight."

For his part, Griffin acknowledged he and the offense need to make improvements.

"The offense goes as I go, so personally, I have to play better," he said. "But I think we shot ourselves in the foot too many times, had too many mistakes. Whenever we can get 11 guys working in one direction, we're going to be something special. That's something we'll continue to work on. We'll get it fixed."

First-year coach Gruden also addressed Griffin's performance.

"He's got to move on," he said. "We've got to do a better job of getting in rhythm, get some completions early, get some first downs. We were so bad on first and second down, I think, it kept us in some third down-and-longs."

Gruden said Griffin and most of the Washington starters would not play in the preseason finale at Tampa Bay. Washington opens the season Sept. 7 at Houston.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Griffin's struggles shouldn't surprise anyone. His college career was short and he had a long arm. That is what he brought to the NFL. He also had good legs for the college scramble but the same approach almost crippled him in the pros. He just doesn't have a very good foundation to be thrown to the wolves his rookie year. The learning process was also hampered by an obvious coaching conflict. He is fortunate to still be standing upright and is subject to being hammered this season. He just wasn't ready to make the transition.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I always thought rg3 hambricked his way through his first season. He did well, but only because he was asked for very little and the entire team was geared around the few things they did.

He had the upside, but unless he actually took his considerable talent and improved on the field he was always going to be a disappointment.

Top Bottom