LOL @ the Redskins

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
For clarity: People who deliberately impair their senses then compromise others offends me. No need to take it any further than that. I should think I am not alone n this position. Why bring up ridiculous examples. It's pretty straight forward.
Yes...I agree with this.

Too many needless innocent deaths happen due to being impaired behind the wheel of a car.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
It was only a matter of time...

Plaintiff in Redskins patent case urges Chiefs to change their name
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 26, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT

The Washington Redskins aren’t the only NFL team whose name bothers some Native Americans.

The Kansas City Chiefs should also change their name to avoid giving offense, according to Amanda Blackhorse, the lead plaintiff in the case that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office just decided against the Redskins.

“I’m not sure there’s anything the [Chiefs] can do at this point other than look for another name,” Blackhorse told the Kansas City Star. “They could be the team that says, ‘You know what? We understand the issue and we don’t want to be Dan Snyder and fight this in court forever. We want to do the right thing and move forward and avoid this entire battle.’ I’m sure fans will be upset, but still, that’s doing the right thing. If they want to be sensitive to Native American people, that’s the thing to do.”

Blackhorse’s sister, Kristy Blackhorse, is part of a group of Native Americans in Arizona who plan to protest at two Cardinals games this season — not only when the Redskins come to town in October, but also when the Chiefs come to town in December.

There are fundamental differences between the Chiefs and the Redskins, especially that dictionaries define “chief” as a term of respect and “redskin” as a slur. The Kansas City Chiefs have kept a low profile during the debate, hoping that they can continue to use their team name without the controversy that has swirled around the Redskins. If Blackhorse has her way, the Chiefs won’t avoid controversy for long.

----------------------------------------

Blackhorse no like Redskin.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was only a matter of time...

Plaintiff in Redskins patent case urges Chiefs to change their name
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 26, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT

The Washington Redskins aren’t the only NFL team whose name bothers some Native Americans.

The Kansas City Chiefs should also change their name to avoid giving offense, according to Amanda Blackhorse, the lead plaintiff in the case that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office just decided against the Redskins.

“I’m not sure there’s anything the [Chiefs] can do at this point other than look for another name,” Blackhorse told the Kansas City Star. “They could be the team that says, ‘You know what? We understand the issue and we don’t want to be Dan Snyder and fight this in court forever. We want to do the right thing and move forward and avoid this entire battle.’ I’m sure fans will be upset, but still, that’s doing the right thing. If they want to be sensitive to Native American people, that’s the thing to do.”

Blackhorse’s sister, Kristy Blackhorse, is part of a group of Native Americans in Arizona who plan to protest at two Cardinals games this season — not only when the Redskins come to town in October, but also when the Chiefs come to town in December.

There are fundamental differences between the Chiefs and the Redskins, especially that dictionaries define “chief” as a term of respect and “redskin” as a slur. The Kansas City Chiefs have kept a low profile during the debate, hoping that they can continue to use their team name without the controversy that has swirled around the Redskins. If Blackhorse has her way, the Chiefs won’t avoid controversy for long.

----------------------------------------

Blackhorse no like Redskin.
Wait, Chief is now offensive? What the hell?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:picard

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
This is ridiculous, what's she going to find offensive next? Crimson Tide?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is ridiculous, what's she going to find offensive next? Crimson Tide?
If tribal titles are problematic for her then tribal names will probably follow suit. That's a pretty wide spread situation.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I didn't qualify it one way or another. The thought occurs to me however, that if you smoke at home you may be likely to smoke while driving. Either way it's something that is a total turn off to me.
I've been a drinker for years and I've never gotten behind the wheel while impaired so I think your assumption is based on lies and stupidity.

data

Forbes #1
I've been a drinker for years and I've never gotten behind the wheel while impaired so I think your assumption is based on lies and stupidity.
I'm Asian and think none of us should be behind the wheel. Asian drivers = offended.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why? He is offended that a person puts a substance in their body that degrades them. Pizza and weed both manage to do that and still have absolutely nothing to do with the observer.
It's really not that hard to figure out, so I can only conclude that you are being deliberately dense since I know you're not an idiot.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You are an exception to that rule...not as many people are that responsible as you claim to be. I'd say most on this board have driven when we probably shouldn't have.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You are an exception to that rule...not as many people are that responsible as you claim to be. I'd say most on this board have driven when we probably shouldn't have.
I know I have. It is stupid but I have done it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Congratulations. Your manners are somewhat adolescent however.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I know a lot of people who've done it. Most of my life I've preferred to drink at home anyway. When you drive someplace like a bar to drink, you're not really setting yourself up for success.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Anyone who drinks and claims they have never drive drunk, well I just assume they are lying. I have never seen a person not do it.

jeebs

Brand New Member
It's really not that hard to figure out, so I can only conclude that you are being deliberately dense since I know you're not an idiot.
I don't get he fascination with narcotics. Do they hurt the body, yes, but we are okay when other things hurt the body (like sports).

I am not being deliberately obtuse, but maybe years of smoking and associating with those who do smoke makes me question how this is some kind horrible action which nothing else can be compared too.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
They at least drive after a drink or two.
I don't know about anybody else, but I don't like drinking away from my house or wherever I'm going to sleep. The few times I have were recently and my wife was my designated driver. It's possible some of the times I drove hung over I still had a measurable level. I don't know.

Top Bottom