LOL @ the Giants

data

Forbes #1
A late blown play in a blowout where we're trying for the highest Superbowl point total of all time or the second highest-- sign me up every year.

The video 1big posted has to be darned near the gayest thing I've ever seen in a football game :lol
Althoufh I just watched a highlight where the Saints Haslett-era were 7 points down and scored a TD no time left on a hook and ladder. John Carney missed the XP and other team, Jaguars I think, won.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I also take full responsibility for my sucking at football.

Now that I've taken full responsibility, I believe my career will take off.
They are really banking on Daboll getting through to him where Garrett failed.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They are really banking on Daboll getting through to him where Garrett failed.
Can't make a plow horse into a thoroughbred no matter how good the coach is.

Daboll may be fine, who knows, but I think the logic behind hiring him was terrible. Allen does amazing things because he was blessed with incredible physical talent. Daboll has little to nothing to do with what Allen does on the field.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Can't make a plow horse into a thoroughbred no matter how good the coach is.

Daboll may be fine, who knows, but I think the logic behind hiring him was terrible. Allen does amazing things because he was blessed with incredible physical talent. Daboll has little to nothing to do with what Allen does on the field.
I think Daboll played a huge role in refining the very raw physical talent that Allen was coming into the league, and building a system around what he does best while incrementally adding onto it.

The problem is that Allen might be the most physically gifted QB in the league in terms of size/arm strength/rushing ability. Jones has all of those attributes to some extent but he's basically a very poor man's version of Allen.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The problem is that Allen might be the most physically gifted QB in the league in terms of size/arm strength/rushing ability. Jones has all of those attributes to some extent but he's basically a very poor man's version of Allen.
I strongly suspect Daboll will get more out of Jones than Mike Shula or Jason Garrett ever could.

Hopefully the fumbling and underachieving are too baked into Jones’ DNA for things to improve much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I strongly suspect Daboll will get more out of Jones than Mike Shula or Jason Garrett ever could.

Hopefully the fumbling and underachieving are too baked into Jones’ DNA for things to improve much.
I like Daboll. What he has done with Allen is impressive. I think Jones is a different animal though. He doesn't have that type of high ceiling. He is a bumbling dork.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

He will but generally speaking I think their ceiling will be about 8-9 wins with Jones either way. He's a poor man's Allen at best, so they can probably win a few games with him but not anything really meaningful.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He will but generally speaking I think their ceiling will be about 8-9 wins with Jones either way. He's a poor man's Allen at best, so they can probably win a few games with him but not anything really meaningful.
Picks 5, 7, and 36 in addition to Daboll give me pause. Those are three impact players, and we saw the difference a single impact player in Parsons could make.

I mean where is the clear differentiator for a Dallas team that lost two OL, WR, and DE starters and almost all the depth that made us special last year?

We have a QB who makes fewer mistakes? Is that it? That has yet to be proven out after the talent losses we experienced. Dak may find himself pressing more than ever.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Picks 5, 7, and 36 in addition to Daboll give me pause. Those are three impact players, and we saw the difference a single impact player in Parsons could make.

I mean where is the clear differentiator for a Dallas team that lost two OL, WR, and DE starters and almost all the depth that made us special last year?

We have a QB who makes fewer mistakes? Is that it? That has yet to be proven out after the talent losses we experienced. Dak may find himself pressing more than ever.
Yeah I mean the good news is there is no Parsons in this draft. The Giants roster literally has very little talent. As many holes as our team has I wouldn't probably trade a single position group for theirs right now.

And Dak does basically everything better than Daniel Jones. It isn't just turnovers.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Parsons is likely a HOF/generational player, the chances they get a Parsons-caliber player, even with 2 top 10 picks and a top 40 pick, is probably 25% at best.

As far as the line differentiating the two teams, yea, there's a pretty significant gap between Prescott and Jones even if Daboll can coax and scheme up some better play out of him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Nonetheless the Giants could greatly close the gap and the goddamned Eagles are even closer.

We are no longer a 12 win team, and they may be considerably better than a 9 win team.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Nonetheless the Giants could greatly close the gap and the goddamned Eagles are even closer.

We are no longer a 12 win team, and they may be considerably better than a 9 win team.
Yea that's what happens when you just ship out one of your best players for nothing and then let a guy like Gregory go without making any real effort at replacing them. For now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that Steele can generally give us what Collins gave us at RT.

But we're still the best team in the division, just not by the huge margin that we were last year. I think we're about a 9-11 win team, the Eagles are about a 7-10 win team, Giants and Skins about 6-9.

There's definitely a scenario where we bottom out a bit and only win 9 games while the others catch us or very slightly pass us, but I think we're still probably at least 50/50 to win the division.

Top Bottom