LOL @ the Giants

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

That article is a gold mine. Here's my favorite...

And they are 31st out of 32 NFL teams in their play action frequency at 17.7%, even though Daniel Jones has been better out of play action than not.

Jones is averaging 9.6 yards passing on play action passes compared to 5.5 on normal dropbacks, and his passer rating is 91.9 on play action downs compared to 64.3 when it isn’t used, per PFF.

“We’ve run a decent amount of play action,” he (Garrett) claimed.

And there he goes -- straight into defensive mode.

Even when the stats put them at next to last, this guy says they've run a "decent amount" of PA.

He just is incapable of holding himself accountable.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This quote from the Garrett article explains so, so much about his time in Dallas:

It starts with Garrett, though, who is so conservative that he suggested in Week 3 that an offense would play a different style if the plan to win required a lower-scoring game.

“What you’re trying to do with each phase of your team is you’re trying to put yourself in the position to win a game,” Garrett said. “Some games are going to be more lower scoring games because of the team you’re playing or the style you want to play. Other games, you might want to open it up a little bit more.”
And this is exactly why I said in the Cowboys forum that even with the disappointing coaching and the underwhelming early impressions, our coaching now is still way way way better than it ever was under Garrett and his staff.

I have no doubt in my mind that with Garrett in charge, we would have been lucky to have gotten out of Seattle with 17 points. And as sloppy as that game was, there probably would have been even more turnovers because Garrett would've done his patented..... "Oh shit....we're in trouble now so we better open it up and attack", which basically allowed opponents to tee off at that point because they knew it was coming.

When you combine how this staff has been able to still put points on the board despite having an awful offensive line coupled with their mentality overall towards that Seahawks game, you have shining examples of how much better things are now.

Kick Moore in the ass, get your defense to not be a screen door, and the Cowboys will be fine.

Under Garrett, this season would already be headed for the toilet.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You know, I like everyone else here is getting a big kick out him being his same old self out there.

I absolutely hope he fails and I will get a good laugh out of it when he's fired again.

But in all seriousness, that article and his comments are quite damning. It is remarkable just how arrogant and defiant this guy is when he really hasn't accomplished anything.

I know he read/heard all of the critiques when he was in Dallas. He has to know what the impressions are of him.

And yet when faced with the same questions and the same critiques in New York after not even a month of play, the guy shows you that he is unwilling to change or be flexible at all.

That's what made him and makes him so unlikeable -- he's such a smug douche about the whole thing.

Not even when faced with the potential to pay for this with his job is the guy willing to look at himself in the mirror.

He's going to be out of the NFL completely very soon and he will have no one to blame but himself for that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You know, I like everyone else here is getting a big kick out him being his same old self out there.

I absolutely hope he fails and I will get a good laugh out of it when he's fired again.

But in all seriousness, that article and his comments are quite damning. It is remarkable just how arrogant and defiant this guy is when he really hasn't accomplished anything.

I know he read/heard all of the critiques when he was in Dallas. He has to know what the impressions are of him.

And yet when faced with the same questions and the same critiques in New York after not even a month of play, the guy shows you that he is unwilling to change or be flexible at all.

That's what made him and makes him so unlikeable -- he's such a smug douche about the whole thing.

Not even when faced with the potential to pay for this with his job is the guy willing to look at himself in the mirror.

He's going to be out of the NFL completely very soon and he will have no one to blame but himself for that.
This is the closest I've ever come to hitting that corny "love" button but I just couldn't quite pull the trigger.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

And there he goes -- straight into defensive mode.

Even when the stats put them at next to last, this guy says they've run a "decent amount" of PA.

He just is incapable of holding himself accountable.
But wait for what he does when criticized...he flips and for a game, he will get reactionary to the criticism. Then he eventually goes back to his standard. Bitch did that for a decade here.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Kick Moore to the curb. He has too much of the Garrett stank.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I think Garrett is even worse as a pure offensive coordinator than his offenses were when he was also distracted by the duties of being a head coach. I appreciate Garrett making the division just a little easier to win.
Yeah, but only for a year or two at most in New York, not the decade we did.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If only Red had thought of that before New England last year ...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
strange timing. the Giants' o-line bullied Philly's defense last week.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Maybe Judge finally googled Garrett's past and thought he better get a friend in there instead of Garrett's guy.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
never cared for Judge from that first press conference. has "fake tough guy" written all over him.

Top Bottom