LOL @ the Giants

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:lol

That article is a gold mine. Here's my favorite...

And they are 31st out of 32 NFL teams in their play action frequency at 17.7%, even though Daniel Jones has been better out of play action than not.

Jones is averaging 9.6 yards passing on play action passes compared to 5.5 on normal dropbacks, and his passer rating is 91.9 on play action downs compared to 64.3 when it isn’t used, per PFF.

“We’ve run a decent amount of play action,” he (Garrett) claimed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

That article is a gold mine. Here's my favorite...

And they are 31st out of 32 NFL teams in their play action frequency at 17.7%, even though Daniel Jones has been better out of play action than not.

Jones is averaging 9.6 yards passing on play action passes compared to 5.5 on normal dropbacks, and his passer rating is 91.9 on play action downs compared to 64.3 when it isn’t used, per PFF.

“We’ve run a decent amount of play action,” he (Garrett) claimed.
I think Garrett is even worse as a pure offensive coordinator than his offenses were when he was also distracted by the duties of being a head coach. I appreciate Garrett making the division just a little easier to win.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Garrett is even worse as a pure offensive coordinator than his offenses were when he was also distracted by the duties of being a head coach. I appreciate Garrett making the division just a little easier to win.
I am still a little puzzled why the Giants employed him after watching his offenses for a decade. If they couldn't pick up on his stiff tendencies during all of that time, they deserve whatever shitty results they get.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This quote from the Garrett article explains so, so much about his time in Dallas:

It starts with Garrett, though, who is so conservative that he suggested in Week 3 that an offense would play a different style if the plan to win required a lower-scoring game.

“What you’re trying to do with each phase of your team is you’re trying to put yourself in the position to win a game,” Garrett said. “Some games are going to be more lower scoring games because of the team you’re playing or the style you want to play. Other games, you might want to open it up a little bit more.”

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This quote from the Garrett article explains so, so much about his time in Dallas:

It starts with Garrett, though, who is so conservative that he suggested in Week 3 that an offense would play a different style if the plan to win required a lower-scoring game.

“What you’re trying to do with each phase of your team is you’re trying to put yourself in the position to win a game,” Garrett said. “Some games are going to be more lower scoring games because of the team you’re playing or the style you want to play. Other games, you might want to open it up a little bit more.”

Exactly right.

This is for instance what some of us were saying was an explanation why Cooper had diminished numbers on the road. It wasn't happening in Oakland but it was happening in Dallas, not because Cooper disappeared on the road but because Garrett did.

Top Bottom