LOL @ the Giants

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
So? Look at their track record for first round picks with Gettleman.
The higher you pick, the greater the likelihood you'll land a stud. Barkley was the real deal before the injury, and Jones is still a very talented guy who could still start for a slew of teams.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The higher you pick, the greater the likelihood you'll land a stud. Barkley was the real deal before the injury, and Jones is still a very talented guy who could still start for a slew of teams.
Lol Jones? You've lost your mind

And no Barkley was an awful pick. You don't use that high of a pick for a couple years production.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Bears aren't going to end up top 5 but yea, bb loves to give our division opponents the benefit of the doubt while fretting over our roster which is worlds better than anybody else in the division.

I mean, I think he called the Giants offensive personnel dangerous or impressive no more than like 2 weeks ago when it's clearly a steaming pile of shit for the most part.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The Bears aren't going to end up top 5 but yea, bb loves to give our division opponents the benefit of the doubt while fretting over our roster which is worlds better than anybody else in the division.
That ain't saying much. Right now, we're the tallest midget.

I mean, I think he called the Giants offensive personnel dangerous or impressive no more than like 2 weeks ago when it's clearly a steaming pile of shit for the most part.
They spent a shitload of money to give Jones a quality supporting cast in his "put up or shut up" year. Galloday, Slayton, Shepherd, Engram, and Barkley are objectively good when healthy, but Shepherd's hurt and Barkley's still not 100%. Losing Gates and Martinez hasn't helped their cause, either. I don't think we'll sweep them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

They spent a shitload of money to give Jones a quality supporting cast in his "put up or shut up" year. Galloday, Slayton, Shepherd, Engram, and Barkley are objectively good when healthy, but Shepherd's hurt and Barkley's still not 100%. Losing Gates and Martinez hasn't helped their cause, either. I don't think we'll sweep them.
Barkley was sensational as a rookie. Ok in his second year. And shit in his third and fourth seasons. Keep waiting if you want but that's an awful pick.

And good grief. One WR is hurt and now all that talent can't function? Huh?

I take our three receivers over any of theirs. I take our TE of theirs. I take both our RBs of theirs. The talent isn't even close.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
And good grief. One WR is hurt and now all that talent can't function? Huh?
Engram missed the first two games and their offense certainly "functioned" in DC against an allegedly superior defense. Let's see how they perform in New Orleans.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Engram missed the first two games and their offense certainly "functioned" in DC against an allegedly superior defense. Let's see how they perform in New Orleans.
The Redskins defense has been awful this year. Like near league worst.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don’t think Jones is terribly talented, to be honest. Being able to start for teams like Washington, Detroit, the Jets, etc., isn’t a testament to his ability, but rather an indictment of the incompetence of those other organizations.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

We're down like 6 starters and have been one of the 4-5 most impressive teams in the NFC so far, so pardon me if I don't give a shit whether the Giants are missing an average OL here or a slightly above average WR or TE there, or if their 2nd overall pick at RB is only 80%.

Not a single one of those guys you just named is considered a legitimate Pro Bowler or top 5-7 player at their position. They're all just names that when you see listed out you think they're good as a group because they're somewhat recognizable because you pay close attention to the teams in our division and fret about how we actually suck, but not a one of them is a legitimate difference maker unless you can magically restore Barkley to his pre-injury self.

There is literally not one single position on their entire offensive roster that is better than ours, either as a group or an individual. Not their LT, not their RB, not their RT, not their WR2, not their TE, not their OL as a group, nothing.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You know Garrett's gonna have some phrasey t-shirts made up for Dallas week.
And the epic field trip when they come here.... ~chills~

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We're down like 6 starters and have been one of the 4-5 most impressive teams in the NFC so far, so pardon me if I don't give a shit whether the Giants are missing an average OL here or a slightly above average WR or TE there, or if their 2nd overall pick at RB is only 80%.

Not a single one of those guys you just named is considered a legitimate Pro Bowler or top 5-7 player at their position. They're all just names that when you see listed out you think they're good as a group because they're somewhat recognizable because you pay close attention to the teams in our division and fret about how we actually suck, but not a one of them is a legitimate difference maker unless you can magically restore Barkley to his pre-injury self.

There is literally not one single position on their entire offensive roster that is better than ours, either as a group or an individual. Not their LT, not their RB, not their RT, not their WR2, not their TE, not their OL as a group, nothing.
All I said is that there's a good chance they'll have two high picks next year and its easier to land a stud in the Top 5 compared to the teens. You responded by going into Super Fan mode and getting huffy. Never said they were more talented than us overall. Never said they were winning the division. I like Jones more than some people. So what? I think we'll split with them because that's usually happens with divisional opponents, even when one of them is "inferior." It's not the end of the world.

Top Bottom