LOL @ the Giants

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He's the right kind of guy to build this program around.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Toney was always a reach to me at 20, no clue why anybody was enthused by that pick.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I had no idea who Kadarius Toney was until I just now went and looked him up.

Shows you how much attention I pay anymore.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I had no idea who Kadarius Toney was until I just now went and looked him up.

Shows you how much attention I pay anymore.
When I was a teenager, I could tell you the name and number of every single member of the Cowboys roster?

Now?

I only know half by name and even fewer by number.

I stopped playing fantasy football years ago because I stopped keeping up with happenings around the sport.

I typically check out when the Cowboys season officially ends and don't check back in till right around the draft, then again when the preseason is ongoing.

Long gone are the 365 days.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
When I was a teenager, I could tell you the name and number of every single member of the Cowboys roster?

Now?

I stopped playing fantasy football years ago because I stopped keeping up with happenings around the sport.

I typically check out when the Cowboys season officially ends and don't check back in till right around the draft, then again when the preseason is ongoing.

I'm heading down this road myself.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is a really weak and quite frankly a pussy ass way of thinking. It is competition, ffs. Players are going to step over another player that they think they have bested. It's the nature of sports.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This is a really weak and quite frankly a pussy ass way of thinking. It is competition, ffs. Players are going to step over another player that they think they have bested. It's the nature of sports.
I'd honestly like to know what spurred this. Usually you can point to one incident but I don't recall a single incident last year where a massive fight broke out due to player taunting the opponent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd honestly like to know what spurred this. Usually you can point to one incident but I don't recall a single incident last year where a massive fight broke out due to player taunting the opponent.
I don't think it is about safety/fighting, but the taunting in the Super Bowl was magnified.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Seems like they focus on this every so often. I don't mind a limited curtailment of taunting given that there are definitely guys that take it too far. But the NFL gets ridiculous with the policing of this stuff when they focus on it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't think it is about safety/fighting, but the taunting in the Super Bowl was magnified.
For that minor dust up? Goodell and the competition committee are soft as shit if they use they're using that as a reason to justify the new rule.

Football is similar to combative sports in terms of physicality and intensity. Blow ups like that are to be expected in sports of that nature.

You want etiquette and decorum, go be the commissioner of the PGA.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Now?

I used to be able to name the starting rosters of every NFL team, because I absorbed those preseason preview magazines.

I can’t even name major players anymore.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I used to be able to name the starting rosters of every NFL team, because I absorbed those preseason preview magazines.

I can’t even name major players anymore.
Does that have more to do with life or becoming apathetic towards the Cowboys after so many years of mediocrity?

For me, it's definitely more of the latter.

I think getting older and doing other things would definitely have resulted in me being less of an NFL fan, but I think I still would be following the Cowboys on a weekly basis if they were a well run organization that got to and even won a Super Bowl or two after the 90s.

Up until my late 20's, I was an NFL all Sunday long kind of fan. I think that part of it definitely would have changed as now I don't watch a lot of non-Cowboys football and I prefer to play a video game or go to a beer garden than watch a game.

I also think my loss of interest in the Cowboys contributed to my disinterest in the league as a whole.

I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I don't care at all for the Cowboys, but I also don't think I'll ever be the super passionate fan that followed their every move again either.

Top Bottom