LOL @ The Eagles

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We can get the same kind of career from Asante Samuel Jr. Surtain isn’t that much better, so why take him top ten
You know how careers will take shape even before they ever step on an NFL field?

Seems to me that would be a skill that would be in high demand.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We can get the same kind of career from Asante Samuel Jr. Surtain isn’t that much better, so why take him top ten
It's a fairly weak defensive draft. Surtain over Samuel because Surtain is bigger, more fundamentally sound, and he's a better tackler. Something the Cowboys defense sorely needs. He feels like the safer pick.

Assuming both have solid 10 year careers, I'd probably bet that Samuel will finish with more INTs.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's a fairly weak defensive draft. Surtain over Samuel because Surtain is bigger, more fundamentally sound, and he's a better tackler. Something the Cowboys defense sorely needs. He feels like the safer pick.

Assuming both have solid 10 year careers, I'd probably bet that Samuel will finish with more INTs.
I agree, though Surtain may passively prevent more plays over the same period. In any case, no way is Surtain 20-30 picks better than Samuel.

Parsons has playmaking ability that sets him apart. He blows up plays.

Surtain just covers well and is fast (though ironically not as fast as Parsons).

Dallas has guys who can cover, but they have almost no front seven playmakers. The best cover guys in history of the game aren’t going to help you for long if your front seven can’t make plays.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eagles’ choice of Milton Williams wasn’t met with enthusiasm from entire draft room
Posted by Charean Williams on April 30, 2021, 11:35 PM EDT

Televised shots from draft rooms around the league have shown owners, front office personnel, coaches, scouts and other staffers celebrating picks in the first three rounds. They are always something of a photo op.

But the Eagles’ third-round selection of Louisiana Tech defensive lineman Milton Williams didn’t deliver the expected reaction from everyone in the room.

The ABC draft broadcast showed General Manager Howie Roseman in a discussion with senior football advisor Tom Donahoe. Roseman extended a fist bump to Donahoe, who half-heartedly returned the gesture.

Donahoe shrugged, keeping his hands in his pockets, after Roseman said something to him. Roseman then extended his hands, as if in dismay, before ABC left the feed.

Roseman explained in his news conference the exchange was about losing out on a player in a trade down from No. 70. The Giants selected cornerback Aaron Robinson at No. 71 and the Lions took North Carolina State defensive tackle Alim McNeill at No. 72.

“These guys spend all year scouting these guys and you get favorites, guys you feel strongly about. We all do,” Roseman said, via Chris Franklin of NJ.com. “That’s the fun part of being in the draft room, the emotions of it.”

---

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
:lol

They a bunch of skinny leg short arm bitches!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
FOUR void years?? Seems like that feature is being a bit abused. I mean shit why not have twenty?

Top Bottom