LOL @ The Eagles

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I haven’t kept up with this thread but what is a code red?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But why is it called code red? I have never heard that term. In my time it was just be the starter got benched.
It's a reference to a movie quote.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Thanks everyone. I knew I hadn’t heard the term related to football and it didnt make sense that what code is used for didn’t have anything to do with football so I just wondered what it was about. who would think one would need a Captain Midnight decoder ring to figure it out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Thanks everyone. I knew I hadn’t heard the term related to football and it didnt make sense that what code is used for didn’t have anything to do with football so I just wondered what it was about. who would think one would need a Captain Midnight decoder ring to figure it out.
Most of us didn't need the ring, as you can see.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Hilarious.

They decided to “let Russ cook”, and they saw where it got them. In Wilson’s defense, you would think they would eventually build a decent line around him. Then again, Carroll has always been overrated.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hilarious.

They decided to “let Russ cook”, and they saw where it got them. In Wilson’s defense, you would think they would eventually build a decent line around him. Then again, Carroll has always been overrated.
You think Carroll is overrated? He has quite a resume.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Also, I think the idea that HCs get carried by great QBs is at least a little bit specious.

Is Bellicheck overrated? Haven't seen him win without Brady.

Was Landry? Johnson? Noll? Walsh? None of them won Super Bowls without HOF QBs.

Hell, by that standard (and circling it back to the thread topic) Doug Pederson might be the greatest HC of all time, considering Nick Foles might be the worst Super Bowl winning QB of all time.

Top Bottom