LOL @ The Eagles

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I wonder what the eagles plan is. They might be looking at this as a retool year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wonder what the eagles plan is. They might be looking at this as a retool year.
Yea might be why they're open to trading away guys like Sweat and Reddick whose contracts are up after next year. They're probably looking at loading up for a run in like 2-3 years, similar to the several year lull between 2017 and 2022.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yea might be why they're open to trading away guys like Sweat and Reddick whose contracts are up after next year. They're probably looking at loading up for a run in like 2-3 years, similar to the several year lull between 2017 and 2022.

The problem with that plan is it feels at cross purposes with having a coach who is basically on the hot seat.

Unless they are piling up cap space to make big FA splashes this year, which I wouldn't be shocked by.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The problem with that plan is it feels at cross purposes with having a coach who is basically on the hot seat.

Unless they are piling up cap space to make big FA splashes this year, which I wouldn't be shocked by.
That would be a pretty risky plan since they'd have to sync up the timing of the trades or else they'd kind of be up shit's creek if they sign a few high prices FA's and are forced to make trades to fit under the cap.

They'd basically have to give away Sweat and/or Reddick at that point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That would be a pretty risky plan since they'd have to sync up the timing of the trades or else they'd kind of be up shit's creek if they sign a few high prices FA's and are forced to make trades to fit under the cap.

They'd basically have to give away Sweat and/or Reddick at that point.
Maybe they just want to trade guys they don't intend to resign a year from now? Get value while you can?

Top Bottom