Lions Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'd be cool if Jeff Heath never played another down here. He has become the definition of a progress stopper.
That experiment played out a few seasons ago. Bad angles, bad tackling, bad play in general except for a few bright spots here and there. ITs just time to move on. But ya know...we have the best GM/Coach/President/Xray technician/Owner in the league.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That experiment played out a few seasons ago. Bad angles, bad tackling, bad play in general except for a few bright spots here and there. ITs just time to move on. But ya know...we have the best GM/Coach/President/Xray technician/Owner in the league.
He is just mediocre enough for them to feel ok starting him and not find replacing him a high priority. Or even giving a young guy a shot.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We hang on to mediocre safeties like grim death. See: Hamlin and Sensabaugh.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Pretty bad even the media dildos are hoping for opposing team key players to be out so the Cowboys can win.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We lost to the Vikings ... at home

We are not a serious playoff threat

Not saying we’re an easy out, but we’re going nowhere

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We lost to the Vikings ... at home

We are not a serious playoff threat

Not saying we’re an easy out, but we’re going nowhere
Of course not. I already know what will happen. They'll fart around the entire 1st half and fall behind by double-digits.....again. They'll make a late run in the 2nd half but the rally will come up short due to a crucial decision that Garrett botched. Which is why I'm fine missing the playoffs.

2nd half rallies and fighting 'til the end are nice traits but an even better trait is having your team ready to play from the opening snap. Imagine how far this team could go if they actually had a coach who could get them to play the 1st half of games like they play the 2nd half.

Missing the playoffs would put a nice bow on the Jason Garrett era.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Only the Cowboys would be able to use Stafford as an excuse.
I still think the Lions will play the Cowboys close and will give them a real scare. A straight up loss to the Stafford-less Lions wouldn't surprise me either. Garrett's teams have a history of underwhelming performances in situations similar to this.

Top Bottom