Lions Stuff…

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Quit playing this game of chance. Put Tyler Smith in at left tackle now.

And drop this horseshit that Taco Mazi has been “coming on”.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Watch White Boy Hutchinson whip his ass.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life

Watch White Boy Hutchinson whip his ass.
Steele has had a few good games all season. For the most part, looking way too much like rookie Steele.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Quit playing this game of chance. Put Tyler Smith in at left tackle now.

And drop this horseshit that Taco Mazi has been “coming on”.
I was saying since the Arizona game they they need to just put Tyler at LT when Tyron can't go, he can handle flip flopping back and forth. It's just the craziest situation that we're in with Tyron, he's so good when he plays that you kind of have to put up with this nonsense, but I think given the rare circumstances I'd actually advocate for taking what amounts to a backup in the first next year in terms of a LT who can kick into guard.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was saying since the Arizona game they they need to just put Tyler at LT when Tyron can't go, he can handle flip flopping back and forth. It's just the craziest situation that we're in with Tyron, he's so good when he plays that you kind of have to put up with this nonsense, but I think given the rare circumstances I'd actually advocate for taking what amounts to a backup in the first next year in terms of a LT who can kick into guard.
Well, I think most of us thought that would be the smart, logical plan to begin with. Plus Edoga is far more effective as a guard.

I have no idea why they are being so stubborn about moving him. Is the LG the most important position on this line?

I just don't get it. It is like they are bound and determined to be a left handed team and feel losing him in what little run game we have is too much. I have no damn idea.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I wonder if they don't trust Bass to play LG. It's hard to believe they think Edoga is a better LT than Bass is a guard, but maybe he hasn't had enough work on the left side.

Edoga is on my shit list, though. Job number one is to know your assignment and block the right guy. I can't stand stiffs like that. Shame that they don't think Richards can do it yet. Or even Waltzko if he can keep his shoulder from falling off.

My real suspicion is that Jerry pushes for the guy they scouted and signed in FA to play. I hope that's not the case, but I wouldn't bet against it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Well, I think most of us thought that would be the smart, logical plan to begin with. Plus Edoga is far more effective as a guard.

I have no idea why they are being so stubborn about moving him. Is the LG the most important position on this line?

I just don't get it. It is like they are bound and determined to be a left handed team and feel losing him in what little run game we have is too much. I have no damn idea.
I kinda got it earlier in the year because they figured Tyler would mostly play LG this year and wanted to get him reps, but at this point I think he's been there enough to be able to go back and forth.

They started him at LG against Tampa in the playoffs last year and switched him to LT when Peters got hurt, and Edoga has gotten plenty of reps at LG, so there's really no excuse for this nonsense right now.

At the very least it'd get this configuration reps now in case we have to play it in the playoffs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I kinda got it earlier in the year because they figured Tyler would mostly play LG this year and wanted to get him reps, but at this point I think he's been there enough to be able to go back and forth.

They started him at LG against Tampa in the playoffs last year and switched him to LT when Peters got hurt, and Edoga has gotten plenty of reps at LG, so there's really no excuse for this nonsense right now.

At the very least it'd get this configuration reps now in case we have to play it in the playoffs.
That last part is key. They just shot Tyron up. Rest him and give Tyler the reps now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is sort of the deal you sign with the devil when you bring Tyron Smith back. You know he can be great when he is on the field. But he is liable to be out any given week with some nondescript injury that flares up. Which means at any moment you can go into a game like we did with the Dolphins and have an absolute disaster at OT.

It's not like most players where injuries are unfortunate and unexpected. With Tyron at this point it's not unexpected, it's just a question of which weeks he is going to miss. Maybe the Cowboys took that approach with the Dolphins game realizing that the next two weeks are more important.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Steele is a much bigger problem than having to deal with an Edoga type 4 or 5 games a season due to Tyron being injury prone.

I have no idea why that dude's incompetency keeps flying under the radar, but I'm much more concerned about Steele.

We really screwed ourselves with that contract too. We might be stuck with him until like 2026.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Guy probably just needs a chill pill. Although I am growing tired of Kearse. He used to be a bad ass but it seems like that magic has worn out. I think sometimes you need the young hungry player.
I wonder if Kearse got his feelings hurt when they offered the longterm deal to Wilson and not him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder if Kearse got his feelings hurt when they offered the longterm deal to Wilson and not him.
Might be. But I think he came to Dallas with something to prove. He no longer plays with that sort of wreckless abandon. I think it's almost as though he sort of feels like he made it and no longer has anything to prove. Basically he got comfortable. Instead you'll see a guy like Bell or Thomas pop because they play like they still have to earn their opportunities.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Overshown and Clark is what we have right now. LVE will hopefully retire.
We need backers, bad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Overshown and Clark is what we have right now. LVE will hopefully retire.
We need backers, bad.
Yeah just not enough guys. And I really like Bell but I think he would slide into that Kearse role on defense perfectly as sort of the third safety on the field. Kind of a 3rd LBer/Safety type with 2 real LBers playing in Clark and Overshown. From there you just desperately need depth. Preferable young up and coming instead of old and worn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom