LeBreton - Cowboys fans’ only hope: boycott Owner Jones

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It's one thing to root for a team that fails despite the organization giving its best effort and doing everything it can to compete, it's quite another thing for a team to fail because it is held hostage by an egotistical, delusional megalomaniac who refuses to be anything but the center of attention and face of the franchise.
Very well put.

If Jones was trying- hell if he was simply saying the team isn't good enough, we need better players, we need better performance for the money we've laid out....I'd be fine. At least I'd know he's trying to improve the team.

But the shitshow is bad....but its even worse when he makes excuses for the shitty play. Makes excuses for Garrett....and the topper is he truly believes he's a good GM.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Good lord shut up about boycotts. It's called being a fan, this is what you signed up for.
I doubt anyone signed up for the nonsense Jones is doing. As Unc mentioned, as fans we understand there will be lean years. However, when the owner of the team continuously tells the fan base that his ego and personal gratification comes before the team, I and millions of other fans, have a problem with that.

The guy admitted that the only reason he hired Parcells was so that people would get off his back long enough so that he could fund a new stadium.

Last year he even admits that he's done a shitty job when he said that if another person were GM and had the team's results from the past 16 years, he'd have likely fired that GM.

And just this week he tries to sell everyone one some idiotic notion that wins and losses don't matter to fans because they're being treated to great entertainment. Since when are embarrassing collapses and performances considered entertainment?

So yeah, I have a problem with that and refuse to buy Cowboys tickets and merchandise.

If the Cowboys had a traditional front office set up without the rampant nepotism that has eroded the franchise, I'd still be a loyal fan and buy gear even if they were mired in a 17 year struggle like they are now. I'm not a fair-weather fan otherwise I'd have jumped ship a decade ago. But I'm not going to continue to enable that jackass who clearly doesn't give a damn about the team or the fan base.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Heads are gonna roll.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Well, I for one wont be watching these next two games. Call it a boycott or self preservation

superpunk

Banned
Whatever. I didn't start rooting for the Jerry Joneses. We're fans, we're in it for the ups and downs no matter what. Boycott talk is stupid as fuck.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's bad that I have to root for Jerry's death, but it's the only thing worth pulling for anymore.

He's P.T. Barnum with a giant stadium.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Well, I for one wont be watching these next two games. Call it a boycott or self preservation
I'm in the same boat. I'm going to watch some pre-game so that I can set my fantasy roster then I'm going to head out to the movies and to do a little shopping.

I'm done with sitting through embarrassing Cowboy performances. I'll check the final scores in the evening just to see how bad we lost but that's about as much Cowboys football that I'll be watching this Sunday.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Whatever. I didn't start rooting for the Jerry Joneses. We're fans, we're in it for the ups and downs no matter what. Boycott talk is stupid as fuck.
What's stupid is for fans to continue to support Jerry Jones.

Another stupid thing, this is for Jerry as well as the fans that support him, is for someone to do the same thing over, and over, and over, and over while expecting different results.

Jerry won't change so the results won't change. Have fun with that, superfan.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It would be stupid as fuck if there were ups and downs. It's been nothing but down for 17+. Sure there's a Romo "pull it out of your ass win" here and there, or a Miles Austin coming out party a few years ago.

It would be stupid as fuck if the management was clearly doing their best to field a competitive team.

It would be stupid as fuck if you were confident that they'd get their shit together and do better next year.

Turns out it's stupid as fuck if you actually believe that.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I don't approve. We've been saying this for years, so it's kind of old news. It's nice to hear lots of others starting to get a sense of disgust regarding the future of this team.

It may not do much, and Jerry might love the hate...but he won't hate to see his ticket & jersey sales go down. It will happen when fans decide they're not just watching to be entertained. We want to see our team win, damn it!

1bigfan13

Staff member
It may not do much, and Jerry might love the hate...but he won't hate to see his ticket & jersey sales go down. It will happen when fans decide they're not just watching to be entertained. We want to see our team win, damn it!
Wasn't that one of the dumbest statements you've ever heard?

Maybe if we were the Arizona Cardinals that would fly but this is THE Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys are a global brand who, up until Jones ran Jimmy off, were a brand known for greatness and winning.

Now the Cowboy brand is mocked. The Cowboys are nothing more than a national punchline. Watch the shows and listen to the radio. They're nothing but a joke and the idiot in charge is too stupid to realize that.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I doubt anyone signed up for the nonsense Jones is doing. As Unc mentioned, as fans we understand there will be lean years. However, when the owner of the team continuously tells the fan base that his ego and personal gratification comes before the team, I and millions of other fans, have a problem with that.

The guy admitted that the only reason he hired Parcells was so that people would get off his back long enough so that he could fund a new stadium.

Last year he even admits that he's done a shitty job when he said that if another person were GM and had the team's results from the past 16 years, he'd have likely fired that GM.

And just this week he tries to sell everyone one some idiotic notion that wins and losses don't matter to fans because they're being treated to great entertainment. Since when are embarrassing collapses and performances considered entertainment?

So yeah, I have a problem with that and refuse to buy Cowboys tickets and merchandise.

If the Cowboys had a traditional front office set up without the rampant nepotism that has eroded the franchise, I'd still be a loyal fan and buy gear even if they were mired in a 17 year struggle like they are now. I'm not a fair-weather fan otherwise I'd have jumped ship a decade ago. But I'm not going to continue to enable that jackass who clearly doesn't give a damn about the team or the fan base.
:towel:towel:towel

Cotton

Staff member
I must say, 1big and nuttzy nailed it. It really is kind of promising seeing the talk of boycott become more prominent. It is our only hope for change.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I hate the Redskins and love a beat down as much as anyone...but I don't go pay to see their games....so that logic is a bit flawed.

Empty seats equal no money being spent on beer, food, etc inside the stadium.

It has an impact- my wife had access to many of the spreadsheets related to food sales and luxury booth sales at BOA Stadium in Charlotte. The drop in revenue is staggering when the stadium is only at 50-60% capacity.
The Redskins are not the Cowboys. Dallas is the highest audience drawer year in and year out. They usually lead in the ratings.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What's stupid is for fans to continue to support Jerry Jones.

Another stupid thing, this is for Jerry as well as the fans that support him, is for someone to do the same thing over, and over, and over, and over while expecting different results.

Jerry won't change so the results won't change. Have fun with that, superfan.
I am a fan and I don't support Jerry Jones nor do I think I am stupid. I was a fan many years before Jones.

Cotton

Staff member
I am a fan and I don't support Jerry Jones nor do I think I am stupid. I was a fan many years before Jones.
You damn sure do support him if you spend any money on merchandise or tickets. Are you saying you don't buy any of the product. If so, then we are in agreement. I don't support Jerry Jones either.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You damn sure do support him if you spend any money on merchandise or tickets. Are you saying you don't buy any of the product. If so, then we are in agreement. I don't support Jerry Jones either.
I don't spend money on merchandise or tickets these days and I am still a Cowboys fan.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Wasn't that one of the dumbest statements you've ever heard?

Maybe if we were the Arizona Cardinals that would fly but this is THE Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys are a global brand who, up until Jones ran Jimmy off, were a brand known for greatness and winning.

Now the Cowboy brand is mocked. The Cowboys are nothing more than a national punchline. Watch the shows and listen to the radio. They're nothing but a joke and the idiot in charge is too stupid to realize that.
But eh, I don't lak to think of muhself as owner of the Dallus Cahboys, I'm just running the franchise into the ground while milking it for everything it's worth.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't spend money on merchandise or tickets these days and I am still a Cowboys fan.
I'm still a fan, too. I'm failing to grasp your point.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
~arm around L.T.~

Come on, pal...I don't think he's talking about you.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm still a fan, too. I'm failing to grasp your point.
My point is I am just like you up to a point but I don't wish bad things for the team or hope they lose games. I don't give a shit about about Jones so the only difference in you and me is how we regard the team. Ask me to root against them and I will tell you to forget it. Jones owns the team and there in nothing to change that but I get pretty riled when refusing to go against the team,someone tells me I must be a Jones supporter. To that I will tell anyone to fuck off.

Top Bottom