LeBreton - Cowboys fans’ only hope: boycott Owner Jones

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I just hope it succeeds this time.
I read on Twitter where the #BoycottJerry group now has a couple DFW radio stations tweeting along with them. This could very well drum up enough support for a billboard- especially if the Cowboys are eliminated at Washington.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I read on Twitter where the #BoycottJerry group now has a couple DFW radio stations tweeting along with them. This could very well drum up enough support for a billboard- especially if the Cowboys are eliminated at Washington.
We were just about 4-5 year too early it seems.

UncleMilti

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
What are the ground rules to the boycott?
I don't if there are any except not buying anything Cowboys related. And if you're not a Nielsen house then even watching them on TV you are safe.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't if there are any except not buying anything Cowboys related. And if you're not a Nielsen house then even watching them on TV you are safe.
Sooooooo, if you aren't a Neison dubbed household it is okay to view the tube or wide screen as they say these days?

superpunk

Banned
Good lord shut up about boycotts. It's called being a fan, this is what you signed up for.

Cotton

Staff member
Sooooooo, if you aren't a Neison dubbed household it is okay to view the tube or wide screen as they say these days?
It's not giving Jerry Jones any money so why not?

UncleMilti

Staff member
What are the ground rules to the boycott?
I think the idea for the "boycott" is rooted in the premise of shutting down Jerrys main revenue stream- which would be not buying tickets or attending games.

While you can argue that Jerry makes more money with merchandise, the fact is all those big sponsors don't like seeing empty seats on gameday.

Sponsors bitching at Jerry would definitely get his attention. Fans? Probably not so much.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Good lord shut up about boycotts. It's called being a fan, this is what you signed up for.
:lol

No, actually I signed up to be a Cowboys fan when the organization was soundly run and they were competitive. All franchises go thru down years....but when even the fucking Redskins owner (who was as dysfunctional as Jones) gets outta the way because the fans stopped giving a shit.....I think I can expect the same from Jones who has fielded teams competitively worse then the Skins...AND is getting more fucking retarded and out of touch by the day.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think the idea for the "boycott" is rooted in the premise of shutting down Jerrys main revenue stream- which would be not buying tickets or attending games.

While you can argue that Jerry makes more money with merchandise, the fact is all those big sponsors don't like seeing empty seats on gameday.

Sponsors bitching at Jerry would definitely get his attention. Fans? Probably not so much.
The biggest hole I see with this is that there is an enormous amount of people in the US who love to see the Cowboys take a beating as frequently as possible so the sponsors will rush to see that this group is accommodated and you are black to square one. Added. Jerry still wins.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
When I signed up we had a competent HC and a qualified GM who devoted his time to actually being a GM instead of splitting his time being an owner, marketer, radio personality, business man, PR person, and whatever else Jerry does.

So no, this isn't what I signed up for.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's one thing to root for a team that fails despite the organization giving its best effort and doing everything it can to compete, it's quite another thing for a team to fail because it is held hostage by an egotistical, delusional megalomaniac who refuses to be anything but the center of attention and face of the franchise.

UncleMilti

Staff member
The biggest hole I see with this is that there is an enormous amount of people in the US who love to see the Cowboys take a beating as frequently as possible so the sponsors will rush to see that this group is accommodated and you are black to square one. Added. Jerry still wins.
I hate the Redskins and love a beat down as much as anyone...but I don't go pay to see their games....so that logic is a bit flawed.

Empty seats equal no money being spent on beer, food, etc inside the stadium.

It has an impact- my wife had access to many of the spreadsheets related to food sales and luxury booth sales at BOA Stadium in Charlotte. The drop in revenue is staggering when the stadium is only at 50-60% capacity.

Top Bottom