LBGT bulies and Schools

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As was stated earlier, that is done both ways. Not just on the left.

"Under God"
I don't think I ever said it was "only" on the left, but by far, its mostly on the left. Teachers are mostly liberal as well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
FWIW, average teacher salaries in PA are almost universally over 55k a year and in most of the metropolitan areas more than 60k.

Which, when you figure that they work 3/4ths of the year, is the equivalent of about 80k a year.

Even if they can't find another job that pays them as highly as their teacher salaries during the time they are off (~snicker~), a job at $10 an hour for 3 months could add probably somewhere in the 5k-7k range.

So teachers on average in PA can make 65k, 67k. That's fine for teaching addition and subtraction to 2nd graders.
You sound jealous of their wages.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think I ever said it was "only" on the left, but by far, its mostly on the left. Teachers are mostly liberal as well.
Point is, you will never legislate out opinions. You, above all, should know that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Okay, prove
I didn't say "prove," I said I take the time to substantiate my conclusions with reasoning.

to me why most teachers aren't qualified to do their job.
Do you even read what I type?

I explicitly said teachers are not qualified to do anything BUT their jobs. That they are underqualified for the marketplace because they are not math experts, science experts, etc, and thus, that most of their job boils down to being filters for the bureaucracy.

I expect it in triplicate.
It's all over this thread.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Point is, you will never legislate out opinions. You, above all, should know that.
That's why I led off by saying "They are tools for state indoctrination" and "we should privatize education."

Because then you could at least pick your bias.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You had a high school teacher making 80k a year? That's pretty impressive.
Yeah he taught AP Econ and AP Gov. Had been at the school a long ass time and had extra degrees and such to bump up his pay. He was exceptional at his job and the reason why I scored perfects on my Micro and Macro AP tests. Actually my favorite highschool teachers were probably the ones that taught the very difficult AP courses. My other favorite teacher was the one who taught AP Calculus in highschool. They were essentially college professors teaching highschool kids.

Teachers like that should be paid more because they are highly intelligent and highly educated. There isn't a large supply of them and thus they truely "deserve" higher pay. The majority of teachers however? Very much overpaid.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Teachers like that should be paid more because they are highly intelligent and highly educated. There isn't a large supply of them and thus they truely "deserve" higher pay. The majority of teachers however? Very much over paid.
Careful.

You're a cunt hair away from being ignorant.

Cotton

Staff member
Electrical Engineers can only do one thing, as well.

Or Physics majors.

Or Art majors.

Or lawyers.

Or anyone that ever graduated from college.

Point is, you can't say teachers as a whole aren't qualified to only do one thing without including every single person to ever graduate from college.

Oh, and teachers (at the secondary level) aren't supposed to be experts, you intellectual elitist). They are meant to teach the fundamentals of their craft. The experts are at the collegiate level.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's why I led off by saying "They are tools for state indoctrination" and "we should privatize education."

Because then you could at least pick your bias.
When I say teachers are overpaid, it's really just a lead into believing in privatized education. Teachers would actually get paid what they deserve in a privatized education system. The abundance of average teachers would get paid less. The exceptional ones would get paid more. You would see far less of these lower talent teachers because they wouldn't get hired. The reason they wouldn't get hired is because the people who do the hiring would know that their success or failure is based on the quality of their teachers.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah he taught AP Econ and AP Gov. Had been at the school a long ass time and had extra degrees and such to bump up his pay. He was exceptional at his job and the reason why I scored perfects on my Micro and Macro AP tests. Actually my favorite highschool teachers were probably the ones that taught the very difficult AP courses. My other favorite teacher was the one who taught AP Calculus in highschool. They were essentially college professors teaching highschool kids.

Teachers like that should be paid more because they are highly intelligent and highly educated. There isn't a large supply of them and thus they truely "deserve" higher pay. The majority of teachers however? Very much over paid.
Your English teacher probably was overpaid.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Electrical Engineers can only do one thing, as well.

Or Physics majors.

Or Art majors.

Or lawyers.

Or anyone that ever graduated from college.

Point is, you can't say teachers as a whole aren't qualified to only do one thing without including every single person to ever graduate from college.
But I can say (and am, in fact, saying) that what they are qualified to do is not commensurate with their influence.

Back to my main point: Fortsbest posted an article about a teacher very clearly abusing his power by lecturing his students about his own biased, and very clearly ignorant, viewpoint.

That's exactly it. This guy is the equivalent of an English major. Who the F is he to be lecturing these kids about his opinion? It's not even the subject matter he's supposed to be teaching (not as if he's an expert on that either, as I'm sure he doesn't have a math degree when he teaches math, a chemistry or biology degree when he teaches chemistry or biology, or a law degree when he teaches social studies).

Yet MOST of them are not any smarter than this guy, and MOST of them do the exact same thing, because their position as being "generalists" and not specialized in anything encourages them to pontificate on general learning which inevitably includes political correctness (which is also, of course, formulated and propagated by their employers... the state).

At least most of the ones I have ever experienced, either via myself or through family or acquaintances, are like that.

I'm only qualified to do one thing as a bankruptcy attorney, but people don't come asking for my opinion on gay marriage. They come ask about filing bankruptcy.

Oh, and teachers (at the secondary level) aren't supposed to be experts, you intellectual elitist). They are meant to teach the fundamentals of their craft. The experts are at the collegiate level.
Feh, "general education" is mostly worthless. You could cut the time spent at college in half by getting rid of all the bullshit, same can be said of highschool and elementary school.

Kids should be put into apprenticeship much earlier.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Teachers like that should be paid more because they are highly intelligent and highly educated. There isn't a large supply of them and thus they truely "deserve" higher pay. The majority of teachers however? Very much overpaid.
Don't know where you live, but in this state, teachers are not paid on par with most jobs that require a four year degree. If Teachers made as much here as they do in PA, well I'd be inclined to agree with you. With tuition skyrocketing and parents less and less willing to push their kids toward college, the supply of people willing to put up with these bitch ass kids for 30k a year is going to dry up.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I honestly don't think teachersn push agendas as much as you make it out. Mine pushed me in sports and to try new things like theater andnshit. My kids are constantly pushed to read, stay active, and to get into extracurriculars. I applaud that.

Top Bottom