Last NFL Game You Attended

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It was amazing how strong the defense was that year. Carried a Quinthy-led team to the postseason.
It was legitimately a good unit.

I know everyone thought that 2003 team were frauds, and maybe to some extent they were. They did go 6-10 the following year, after all.

But the defense was solid, even in the more important contests they had that season.

I still remember the night of the Patriots game, you could hear some fans through the TV yelling something like "That's the #1 defense in football?!!".

Funny enough, the Patriots only scored 12 points, and this game was played at Foxborough.

Brady only completed 44% of his passes in that game to boot.

With a QB that wasn't a retard like Quinthy, they might have messed around and come out of there with a win.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
- 2006 war if a game Romo nails a deep middle pass to Witten to land in easy game winning FG range with time running out. Mike VanderJAG chokes the kick firing low into a Washington edge rusher and the kick is blocked. Sean Taylor returns the bouncing fumble and is tackled, but a Kyle Kosier PF face mask gets called and suddenly Washington is in FG range and kicks the game winner. Then my brother (who is wasted) gets into a fight with these guys he’s been taunting all game and I spend several minutes diving between him and people trying to kick his ass. Crazy shit
I was at this game... I vividly remember TO dropping a sure TD pass down the middle that Romo had dropped in there perfectly... of course before that the knucklehead drew a 15 yarder for using the ball as a prop (pillow).

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I was at this game... I vividly remember TO dropping a sure TD pass down the middle that Romo had dropped in there perfectly... of course before that the knucklehead drew a 15 yarder for using the ball as a prop (pillow).
Are you talking about that ridiculous 60+ bomb that hit Owens in the hands? Crazy, though he did have a broken hand at the time

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
From 2006 to 2011, nobody threw a better or more accurate deep ball than Romo.

My God was he great at that.

Rodgers was more known for it because not only he was deadly accurate with it as well, but he had a cannon for an arm so it was more impressive at times.

But the accuracy that Romo had on his deep balls in that span couldn't be beat.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
From 2006 to 2011, nobody threw a better or more accurate deep ball than Romo.

My God was he great at that.

Rodgers was more known for it because not only he was deadly accurate with it as well, but he had a cannon for an arm so it was more impressive at times.

But the accuracy that Romo had on his deep balls in that span couldn't be beat.
Rodgers got alot of his recognition for it because he had/has incredible luck on Hail Mary's

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That pass shown above.

Romo to Owen's at Atlanta 2006.

Romo to Witten at the Giants 2006.

Romo to Owens vs the Eagles in 2008.

Romo to Austin at New Orleans 2009.

Romo to Witten at NYJ 2011.

Romo to Laurent Robinson vs the Giants 2011.

Look those up and see if you think any of those deep balls could be thrown any better.

Spoiler alert: you can't .

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Tony Romo was always underrated. Especially by his own team's fans.

Did he have his faults? Sure. But his positives far outweighed them. I truly believe if we had a competent front office and coaching for his career, we would have seen far less of those faults. I believe his penchant for gun slinging and making mistakes late at inopportune times was him attempting to cover our warts. In both coaching and personnel. Even so, he pulled off more miracles than he did stinkers.

It's a crying shame that Jerry and fam fucked away his career along with Ware, Witten, etc...

Top Bottom