Jon Gruden resigns

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It wasn't just the Smith comment.

If you're a fan of Chappelle, his latest Netflix special describes the scenario perfectly.

When talking about a rapper named DaBaby who shot and killed someone a few years back. Paraphrasing: "You can insult or kill a black person and nothing bad will happen to your career. But don't you dare hurt the feelings of a gay person. That'll get you cancelled ASAP." :lol

I think that's what happened here. He would have survived the DeMaurice Smith comment but once he offended women and gays it was over.
Yeah, that was some shit, right?

Nobody is or was trying to cancel his career over him having killed a black man.

But make a comment about gay men having aids? Well, that just won't do!

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You’d have to be a fool to use that kind of language in any work email. A fool.

It’s the company’s property.

I don’t circulate my work email for anything outside of work on the accidental chance of being caught in a dirty joke email chain.

Separate email accounts, separate phones, and even separate social media accounts outside of LinkedIn which I treat by the same rules as any work email.

Even a private email becomes open to scrutiny when you send it to an @nfl.com recipient. Dumb

Last edited:

Sheik

DCC 4Life
It’s incredibly disappointing to see Gruden resign.

He shouldn’t have apologized in the first place. He should have just released a simple statement telling people to go find something else to be offended by.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It wasn't just the Smith comment.

If you're a fan of Chappelle, his latest Netflix special describes the scenario perfectly.

When talking about a rapper named DaBaby who shot and killed someone a few years back. Paraphrasing: "You can insult or kill a black person and nothing bad will happen to your career. But don't you dare hurt the feelings of a gay person. That'll get you cancelled ASAP." :lol

I think that's what happened here. He would have survived the DeMaurice Smith comment but once he offended women and gays it was over.
Interesting because Chappelle is taking on fire now for his special which has been branded as anti-gay.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

I don’t circulate my work email for anything outside of work on the accidental chance of being caught in a dirty joke email chain.

Separate email accounts, separate phones, and even separate social media accounts outside of LinkedIn which I treat by the same rules as any work email.

Even a private email becomes open to scrutiny when you send it to an @nfl.com recipient. Dumb
I thought I read where some of the emails were sent from his own personal email account.
Regardless I agree with you 100%.
Then again a good point was made by the Twitter guy-650k emails and only Grudens gets pulled?

And even worse it comes from the hypocrisy machine called the NFL, led by owners and Goodell who really don’t give 2 shits about race, racism, or offending anyone. As long as they’re making money and the club keeps on ticking.

:lol

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought I read where some of the emails were sent from his own personal email account.
Regardless I agree with you 100%.
Then again a good point was made by the Twitter guy-650k emails and only Grudens gets pulled?

:lol
Yeah I mean everything is traceable. Emails particularly but don't tell me direct messages on Facebook between friends are safe either. You basically have to watch what you say at all times.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah I mean everything is traceable. Emails particularly but don't tell me direct messages on Facebook between friends are safe either. You basically have to watch what you say at all times.
Shit I don’t think ANYTHING is safe or off limits today.
But I won’t be surprised if Gruden goes nuclear on the NFL and sues them to try to bring dirt out on Goodell or some of the owners. Should be fun to watch. Chucky seems to be a bit fuckin crazy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But I won’t be surprised if Gruden goes nuclear on the NFL and sues them to try to bring dirt out on Goodell or some of the owners. Should be fun to watch. Chucky seems to be a bit fuckin crazy.
Yeah but he has six years left on a 100 million contract that says he bites his lip and takes it up the ass.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

We are all different than we were 10 years ago though.

Something dirty is going on when Gruden is singled out like this.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea I don't think Gruden's IT literacy was as high 8 years ago, and I'd imagine these knuckle-dragging "football" types around the league are quite concerned right now.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I just don't believe you go back 10 years in someones life, and dig up shit on them thru back channel email- especially since he didn't even work for the NFL at the time.

But like someone else said, offend the gays and da wimnez and its on like donkey kong.

No, I'm not condoning racism or gay bashing...but holy shit- I can't count the number of times I've heard people say shit 10 years ago that would knock all the woke fuckers dicks in the dirt if it was said today.
Literally everyone, everyone on this board, everyone in the NFL's league offices, everyone on the Las Vegas Raiders roster, everyone in the entire league, has said at one point something as bad as Gruden did in those emails.

The crime isn't saying it, the crime is having the evidence found in the wrong context. Sadly.

Top Bottom