Jimmy Johnson Goes Into The Ring Of Honor

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Even when they would lose, I would be like...how the fuck did that happen? But I rarely got mad and resented losses, because I had absolute confidence and faith. We had the best players and the best football coach.
We always responded well after losses in that stretch.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I almost got bored watching games because I had so much confidence.
It was kind of boring. We were the better team every week and you knew barring something crazy we were going to win.

Only the rare game vs another contender, plus the playoffs, were very interesting.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I doubt you were bored during halftime of SB 28.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It was kind of boring. We were the better team every week and you knew barring something crazy we were going to win.

Only the rare game vs another contender, plus the playoffs, were very interesting.
First world problems.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Boring?

Shiiiieeeet....you MF'ers are crazy.

There wasn't a damn thing that was boring about being a Cowboys fan from 91-95.

That was the time of my life.

I feel sorry for someone like @boozeman that fell asleep and actually missed those teams play during the middle of the dynasty.

We'll never see anything like that ever again and I'm glad that even as a teenage kid, I had the presence of mind to realize I was witnessing something special and caught every single minute of it.

If you didn't watch and enjoy every second of that ride, you did it all wrong.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Boring?

I feel sorry for someone like @boozeman that fell asleep and actually missed those teams play during the middle of the dynasty.

We'll never see anything like that ever again and I'm glad that even as a teenage kid, I had the presence of mind to realize I was witnessing something special and caught every single minute of it.

Every single word of that is correct.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Boring?

True. The winning did feel like it got to be a foregone conclusion after that first SB. We had the small drama of Emmitt holding out the next season, but that was short lived.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Of course winning was great. Building a team like that is the goal of every franchise.

But after winning the first Superbowl, playing sorry teams like the Cardinals or others who didn't have a QB was pretty boring because there was almost no doubt what the outcome would be.

That's why that 92 season was so great - because it was a year early. Nobody expected the team to be that good and beat everyone that soon.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
But after winning the first Superbowl, playing sorry teams like the Cardinals or others who didn't have a QB was pretty boring because there was almost no doubt what the outcome would be.
Again, I was never "bored" and I can't see how your favorite team having extremely high chances could ever be boring or not entertaining in any way.

And the thing is, we played the Cardinals twice in 93 and didn't blow them out either time so while we were absolutely the best team in football, those games weren't all landslide victories.

But even if they were, I just can't see how knowing the Cowboys would win could be anything other than and amazing feeling and an enjoyable experience.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Again, I was never "bored" and I can't see how your favorite team having extremely high chances could ever be boring or not entertaining in any way.

And the thing is, we played the Cardinals twice in 93 and didn't blow them out either time so while we were absolutely the best team in football, those games weren't all landslide victories.

But even if they were, I just can't see how knowing the Cowboys would win could be anything other than and amazing feeling and an enjoyable experience.
That's just how I saw it. :shrug

It would be like a Mike Tyson fan watching him pummel tomato cans after he'd defended his championship several times. After a while that's not even a challenge, and not nearly as fun as winning a competitive fight.

I'm a little older than you so maybe that is a factor also.

Last edited:
Boring?

I can’t help but agree with Texas Ace on this one. Being in high school from the years 91-95 and growing up five minutes from Giants stadium ( now MetLife ) Surrounded by nothing but shit Smurf fans, the most incompetent fans on God’s green earth…….I felt invincible . No matter what they couldn’t say shit to me because we dominated their ass every game. To watch that team play was truly magnificent. That offensive line was the greatest wall in the history of the NFL. That team was deep and talented at every position as any team ever. Even down to “ the shark “ Kenneth Gant on special teams …not a weak link . I didn’t miss a minute of any game with my father …. Greatest years of my life …. Those showdowns with the 49ers and Packers were epic …..that team should have won 4 in a row had the 49ers not bought it in 94 ….Shit you probably never see again ….

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You all are confusing boring with not watching I think. I didn't miss a single minute of any game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Top Bottom