Jets cut Tim Tebow

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tebow is about 250 and he is not a quick twitch guy. He's a bruiser. He would be like Roy Williams but slower and bigger.

Terrible evaluation, LT...just terrible.

FB/TE/ST IMO.

I wouldn't put him on defense. LBer is the only thing he is simular to.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I could see Tebow in like a big Danny Woodhead role easy.
Except wood head is 5'8" 190ish (ignore his fan page, just look at him...if he's 5'8" there is no way he's 200) and Tebow is much bigger and not as agile. Otherwise you are spot on.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I just saw the word BIG in booze's post. Oh well, the comparison still sucks. Tebow doesn't move like Woodhead at all.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I just saw the word BIG in booze's post. Oh well, the comparison still sucks. Tebow doesn't move like Woodhead at all.
Oh well just my thoughts. I like big safeties and Tebow could shed 25 pounds pretty easy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tebow is about 250 and he is not a quick twitch guy. He's a bruiser. He would be like Roy Williams but slower and bigger.

Terrible evaluation, LT...just terrible.

FB/TE/ST IMO.

I wouldn't put him on defense. LBer is the only thing he is simular to.
C'mon now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Simuliar?
I believe you said you would consider him as linebacker. Did you know that Darren Woodson was a Linebacker in college? If you think Tebow could play L B then maybe he could play safety.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Tim Tebow isn't a fit for Cowboys
April, 29, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Let's get this out of the way now: The Dallas Cowboys are not interested in quarterback Tim Tebow. No, not even as a tight end.

Multiple Cowboys sources gave the answer "no" when asked if the team wanted to sign Tebow. The Cowboys have not been linked to Tebow like the New England Patriots, and you can read about how my guys at ESPNBoston.com answered the Tebow question here.

Adding Tebow to the Cowboys -- and to any team, it seems -- would create a national frenzy.

Let's examine why it's good and bad not to bring him to Valley Ranch. (To be honest, I don't see any good from it).

1. The quarterback spot. Given the public backlash quarterback Tony Romo is receiving for his new contract, if he has a bad game in 2013 -- and believe me he'll have one or two -- it would raise the ire of the fans and push the media into asking coach Jason Garrett about benching Romo for Tebow during a rough performance. Garrett was asked about benching Romo during his five-interception game against Chicago last season when Kyle Orton was the backup. No need to add drama to your team at the quarterback spot. Also, the Cowboys don't seem enamored with using the Wildcat, given the current personnel they have.

2. Moving him to tight end. If Tebow decides to play tight end, he still doesn't fit well. The Cowboys drafted Gavin Escobar, another pass-catching tight end, to add with James Hanna and Jason Witten. The Cowboys need a blocking tight end, and that's not Tebow. While he could become a good blocker over time, his skill set is more of a receiver -- if he makes the position change.

3. Drama, drama, drama. The last thing the Cowboys need is drama. It's one thing to have issues on the field when it comes to wins and losses, but it's another to have Tebow drama. He's a good guy in the locker room, according to ex-teammates, but you have to wonder how his teammates will deal with Tebow getting besieged by reporters on a weekly basis about his thoughts on football and Christianity. It would wear you down after a while.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't want Tebow here. I am just addressing a question in general of what position he might be able to play other than QB.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I believe you said you would consider him as linebacker. Did you know that Darren Woodson was a Linebacker in college? If you think Tebow could play L B then maybe he could play safety.
When picking positions for players I tend to look at physical attributes rather than an example of something that happened in 1991 in an unrelated case. Tebow is not quick at all. He's more of a TE, white guy kind of athlete.

That's using Welker as an example of how slow, small white guys can make good WRs because Welker is good.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can't necessarily disagree with your assessment but still I would see if I might make a big tough safety out of him. That's my take because I have seen this similar situation work in the past. To each his own. Live and let live. That's why they make strawberry and vanilla ice cream. Etc and so forth. ten four and I'm out.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It's just a matter of opinion...nothing more. In my mind I'm jus thinking of the passing league that we have now. A S needs to be able to cover well these days.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

2233boys

Not So New Member
I like Tim Tebow. I hope he catches on somewhere. He is a good dude.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
:lolI just like reading all the comments at the bottom of yahoo articles from all the nuthuggers who claim he hasn't been given a chance and then compare him to Russell Wilson, Alex Smith, etc. I find it endlessly entertaining. Especially the ones who claim, defiantly, HE JUST WINS!!!!11. Douchebags. All of them. Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin. See you in Toronto, Tim.

Top Bottom