Jerry Jones has scathing comment about Cowboys offense, Linehan

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Shit. That is a foregone conclusion. Garrett is Teflon.
If they keep Garrett (presumably because they'd rather let his contract run out and just not re-sign him than fire him) they might as well just fucking tank.

Cut Prescott, since he's never going to function within this bumblefuck of an offense to warrant any kind of extension anyway, start Cooper Rush, go 1-15 and make Garrett sit through it as his punishment for being such a piece of shit for the better part of a decade, fire him at the end of the year, draft Tagovailoa or Haskins and move on.

Done and done.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Holy misleading headline, Batman.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
If they keep Garrett (presumably because they'd rather let his contract run out and just not re-sign him than fire him) they might as well just fucking tank.

Cut Prescott, since he's never going to function within this bumblefuck of an offense to warrant any kind of extension anyway, start Cooper Rush, go 1-15 and make Garrett sit through it as his punishment for being such a piece of shit for the better part of a decade, fire him at the end of the year, draft Tagovailoa or Haskins and move on.

Done and done.
I’m not a fan of either of those guys. If we’re drafting that high and a guy like Drew Lock hasn’t established himself as a potential franchise QB, then going after Oliver/Bosa/Gary makes more sense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

midswat

... soon
Oh good. Jerry assures us.

Because assurances from his keen, unbiased eye is enough to put even the most concerned critics mind at ease.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Seriously. Like Linehan isn’t running the precise offense that Garrett dictates.

This “offense”was Romo screaming “kill kill kill” and freelancing.
Remember when people here were raking Romo over the coals, screaming at him to quit killing plays and to just run the play that was called? Quit running the play clock down to "read the defense"?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I'm sitting there watching this game and they break the huddle and come out on a certain down and distance, line up a certain way, and say my wife: "running play." Or "pass play." I swear I was right damn near every time.

I'm far from an X's and O's guy. It's just that I've watched this team enough to know. It is so bloody predictable. Imagine a DC who really is an an X's and O's guy, and who watches tape and charts plays.

Linehan and Garrett are soul mates. Neither has achieved any coaching success in the NFL -- Linehan's career has been a fiasco.

I recall the struggle a few years back over offensive play calling when Callahan was forced out. No one will ever convince me that Linehan wasn't brought in because he shares Garrett's philosophy and nomenclature. And was no threat to Garrett.

I recall Romo coming off the field, jawing at Garrett after yet another failed 3rd down play. And maybe Garrett's impotence and incompetence explains some of Bryant's frustration.

It is astounding that Jerry is not pointing any fingers at Garrett yet. They got rid of all the other assistants in the off season. As a previous poster wrote, if they get rid of Linehan, they're out of scapegoats.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'm completely sick of this crap. Jerry and Goof Son have got to see after 8 years of this crap that Garrett is mired in mediocrity and if he stays head coach the team is as well. 8 Years of what equates to 8-8 is all the evidence any normal person should need. I haven't watched a game live this year and will not until Garrett is gone. Sorry, that's the way I feel. Jerry can kiss my ass.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I’m not a fan of either of those guys. If we’re drafting that high and a guy like Drew Lock hasn’t established himself as a potential franchise QB, then going after Oliver/Bosa/Gary makes more sense.
Neither one of them is coming out this year, if we end up in the top 5 I agree that Bosa and Oliver would be my targets.

You don't like Tagovailoa or Haskins though? They're true sophomores and I'm assuming that there will be improvement between now and the end of the 2019 college season, although they already look very good.

My only real concern with them is that they have so much talent around them and they're rarely truly challenged, although Tagovailoa kind of answered that somewhat in the championship last year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Eh. Doesn't sound "scathing" to me.

To me it looks like the typical Jerry "I'm embarrassed/pissed for 10 minutes, but after I see the gate and concession numbers it's all good and business as usual" reaction.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No, Garrett is toast if we don't make the playoffs. The fans are going apeshit.
Are they?

We'll see on Sunday.

My guess is the stadium will be filled with 80,000 enabling fans happily waving their blue and silver pom-poms cheering as if this offense is setting the league on fire.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Neither one of them is coming out this year, if we end up in the top 5 I agree that Bosa and Oliver would be my targets.

You don't like Tagovailoa or Haskins though? They're true sophomores and I'm assuming that there will be improvement between now and the end of the 2019 college season, although they already look very good.

My only real concern with them is that they have so much talent around them and they're rarely truly challenged, although Tagovailoa kind of answered that somewhat in the championship last year.
Sorry, but how does drafting a QB fix Garrett?

GShock

DCC 4Life

Haskins is a redshirt soph. Could be one and done.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Haskins is a redshirt soph. Could be one and done.
Interesting, I think I blocked him out after he decommitted from Maryland but that's a game changer. If he declares I think he's likely the clear top QB, and I'd trade up for him if need be.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Oh good. Jerry assures us.

Because assurances from his keen, unbiased eye is enough to put even the most concerned critics mind at ease.
kinda like his assurances of Dak being part Goff, part Newton. You'll see.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Eh. Doesn't sound "scathing" to me.

To me it looks like the typical Jerry "I'm embarrassed/pissed for 10 minutes, but after I see the gate and concession numbers it's all good and business as usual" reaction.
That's exactly what happened. There is already a tweet by Jerry doing just that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Are they?

We'll see on Sunday.

My guess is the stadium will be filled with 80,000 enabling fans happily waving their blue and silver pom-poms cheering as if this offense is setting the league on fire.
Yep. Sales will be up as usual.

Top Bottom