Jerry Jones has said he’d do almost anything for a Cowboys Super Bowl. Now it’s time to prove it

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We’re still the division leader.

As low as we may be with Garrett now, firing him now would be more damaging than beneficial.

Giants won Super Bowl at 9-7 while losing 4-straight in November.
Exactly. How appropriate would it be for Garrett to finish 8-8 and then one and done in the playoffs again?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This team has already demonstrated they can’t bear a team with a winning record so the chances of them going anywhere in the playoffs is almost Zero by that standard. To me this is assurance the coach will not see another contract. That said I hope the come alive and burn the odds by going all the way.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Nope. He'll hire someone cheap, inexperienced and easily bullied. He was at his most miserable when playing second fiddle to alphas like Tuna and Jimmy. He's too old to swallow his pride again.

That's my biggest fear. Not that he won't fire Garrett, but that he won't ever again hire a strong HC.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's my biggest fear. Not that he won't fire Garrett, but that he won't ever again hire a strong HC.
That's exactly why all celebrations need be tempered once it becomes official that Garrett will not return.

We need to see what they do next.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If Jerry croaks and Stephen doesn't hire a real GM, I will not be responsible for my actions.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Jerry croaks and Stephen doesn't hire a real GM, I will not be responsible for my actions.
At least with a real GM if they suck you fire them. Plus they know their job is on the line if they don't do a good job. You think Jerry has ever felt that?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wait, you are among the dumb asses that still believes Stephen Jones hires a GM upon Jerry's passing?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Wait, you are among the dumb asses that still believes Stephen Jones hires a GM upon Jerry's passing?
If he was wise enough to push Martin over Manziel, maybe he's wise enough to learn from daddy's mistakes.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If he was wise enough to push Martin over Manziel, maybe he's wise enough to learn from daddy's mistakes.
Have you heard Stephen on his radio segments? Nothing will change when Jerry is gone

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That was pretty much his rare moment of intellect. He is as football stupid as his father.

And there is no evidence he has any designs on backing off from football operations by hiring a GM.

There is zero evidence he has ever confirmed he was going to do that.

But dumb asses like you keep biting the lure that quite frankly isn't even there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Have you heard Stephen on his radio segments? Nothing will change when Jerry is gone
No shit. It is scary how he is aligning with how his father thinks and does business.

I don't see him taking the billion gazillion dollars he gets in inheritance and just fades into obscurity.

He has been raised to be a mindless figurehead for the franchise. He is not just going to hire a GM and let that go.

Just because he has a few little characteristics that seem different from his father does not mean he is going to be diametrically different.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No shit. It is scary how he is aligning with how his father thinks and does business.

I don't see him taking the billion gazillion dollars he gets in inheritance and just fades into obscurity.

He has been raised to be a mindless figurehead for the franchise. He is not just going to hire a GM and let that go.

Just because he has a few little characteristics that seem different from his father does not mean he is going to be diametrically different.
He's the same huckster Jerry is without the colorful anecdotes

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
But dumb asses like you keep biting the lure that quite frankly isn't even there.
I said if he names himself GM. You seem to think it's a fait accompli. There's plenty of limelight left for the owner of the DC even with a GM on board.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fuck that. The day he's officially gone will instantly be the 6th greatest day in Dallas Cowboys history.

There will be celebrating.
It still needs to come with the understanding that nothing has changed at the top.

You know this to be true, NoDick.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It still needs to come with the understanding that nothing has changed at the top.

We deserve at least a day of partying though damnit!!!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Meh. I will take this and run with it. There will be drinking. There will be dancing. There will be rejoicing.

There will be no crushing this dream, dick face.

Top Bottom