Jaylon Smith starting? lol

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
What I'm saying is that Jaylon isn't the only LBer on the field. So while everyone is busy ripping him a new one I'm wondering why those other LBers weren't making tackles.
Because Jaylon has unrelenting hype and also happens the starting MLB with Hitchens out.

Basically the Cowboys LBs are a candidate for worst in the league at the moment.

They badly need Lee and Hitchens back to become at least respectable.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
how is this even an argument? Some people didn't even think he was gonna be able to play more than 25% of the snaps this year and the guy got thrown into a starting role. The guy needs more time and that was said time and time again in the offseason, he was getting better but not 100%

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because Jaylon has unrelenting hype and also happens the starting MLB with Hitchens out.
Really? Because the unrelenting hype that I saw was that Jaylon would never play again in the NFL. And now that those people are wrong, it's now bashing the guy for not being Sean Lee.

Anyway, Jaylon is playing too much. The guy sat out of football for over a year. Expecting him to be our best LBer and take the majority of the LBer snaps is silly. Once Lee and Hitchens are back we can get back to the real plan which is to bring Jaylon back slowly. Let him rebuild his endurance, stamina, and trust in his legs.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Look it. He's playing every damn down, you people arguing against my point are missing the point. Yes no shit, he needs more time, so get him off the field. Play anyone else, go find a janitor to suit up, I don't care. Find someone that won't hesitate and make a tackle five hundred yards down the field. If the requirement to play MLB is to stand in the middle of the field diagnosing the play as slowly as possible and then hobble over to the ball carrier, then he's your man. It's up to our "geniuses" running this team to fix the problem. THE PROBLEM IS THAT HE'S PLAYING TOO MUCH and PLAYING BADLY. He needs to be playing about 15 plays a game, at most.

Are you all this fucking dense? It's not about that he was hurt, it's about he shouldn't be out there so much. We all have sympathy for him, but it's not about the pre-season hype or his injury history and how we feel sorry for him etc. I see him on the field when I watch the game and he's not playing well at all. Just like any other player I would complain about, he's one of them. Heath, Taco, Bryant's stone hands, Jaylon, et al. Stop being bad at your job.... Jeez, so damn obtuse up in this bitch.

Our coaching staff/GM/Owner are morons and won't address the elephant in the room. He needs to be replaced by LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE, yesterday. Don't give me "well ol Sean is hurt and we had no choice" no, fuck that, you fix the problem before it happens. You have to expect Mr. Glass to get hurt and have another plan in place so Jaylon doesn't have to play an entire game. It's fucking baffling. This team is run so poorly it boggles the mind.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Look it. He's playing every damn down, you people arguing against my point are missing the point. Yes no shit, he needs more time, so get him off the field. Play anyone else, go find a janitor to suit up, I don't care. Find someone that won't hesitate and make a tackle five hundred yards down the field. If the requirement to play MLB is to stand in the middle of the field diagnosing the play as slowly as possible and then hobble over to the ball carrier, then he's your man. It's up to our "geniuses" running this team to fix the problem. THE PROBLEM IS THAT HE'S PLAYING TOO MUCH and PLAYING BADLY. He needs to be playing about 15 plays a game, at most.

Are you all this fucking dense? It's not about that he was hurt, it's about he shouldn't be out there so much. We all have sympathy for him, but it's not about the pre-season hype or his injury history and how we feel sorry for him etc. I see him on the field when I watch the game and he's not playing well at all. Just like any other player I would complain about, he's one of them. Heath, Taco, Bryant's stone hands, Jaylon, et al. Stop being bad at your job.... Jeez, so damn obtuse up in this bitch.

Our coaching staff/GM/Owner are morons and won't address the elephant in the room. He needs to be replaced by LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE, yesterday. Don't give me "well ol Sean is hurt and we had no choice" no, fuck that, you fix the problem before it happens. You have to expect Mr. Glass to get hurt and have another plan in place so Jaylon doesn't have to play an entire game. It's fucking baffling. This team is run so poorly it boggles the mind.
Yep that’s the issue. He isn’t up to the task at the moment.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Really? Because the unrelenting hype that I saw was that Jaylon would never play again in the NFL. And now that those people are wrong, it's now bashing the guy for not being Sean Lee.
I'd be ecstatic if he were Anthony Hitchens at this point.

And yes all the hype this offseason has been about his recovery and prior pedigree, pure and simple.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I completely agree. I'd have put a veteran OLB in there on passing downs. It damn sure wouldn't have hurt anything. I have to believe Durant or Wilson would have been a little better. Maybe they wouldn't have made the Sean Lee plays but I think they'd have diagnosed things quicker and played with a little more aggression than Smith. That's on the coaches. It seems like it takes Marinelli & Garrett forever to realize adjustments in scheme and personnel need to be made.

If Sean Lee can't go versus Green Bay I hope they at least entertain that adjustment.

Hopefully Lee and Hitchens are both able to go and we can reduce Smith's playing time and allow him to progress slowly as originally planned.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I know JJ's supposed to be out of the picture when it comes to personnel but part of me wonders if he wants his 2016 draft day "steal" to be put on display. There's no way Smith should have been out there that much, depth issues or not because he clearly isn't ready for that many reps.

Top Bottom