I liked Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But I feel like we've seen this 100x in sports. Team bends over backwards to help a player, then when it's time to get paid they leave to go to the highest bidder. Whatever the old team was doing, the new team can just promise to do that also.

Teams should learn that, especially with an agent in their ear, players basically only care about the money. That's just how it is.

p1_

DCC 4Life
But I feel like we've seen this 100x in sports. Team bends over backwards to help a player, then when it's time to get paid they leave to go to the highest bidder. Whatever the old team was doing, the new team can just promise to do that also.

Teams should learn that, especially with an agent in their ear, players basically only care about the money. That's just how it is.
I remember during the season Gregory was all about saying the right things like he truly appreciated all the shit he had put everyone through for years. Whatta POS.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
If them changing the terms of the deal after agreeing in principal is true then I don’t blame him.

waldoputty

Banned for the Greater Good
Very disappointed that he did this.
I'm a retired coach and new to this site, but I have seen many situations like this. Some kids just don't appreciate the help they are given.
if the front office changed the terms last minute, that is not negotiating in good faith
cannot blame him for getting pissed off
especially considering the deal looks team friendly to me

Corso

DCC 4Life
Very disappointed that he did this.
I'm a retired coach and new to this site, but I have seen many situations like this. Some kids just don't appreciate the help they are given.
The more I'm reading into this (and you know I've been a staunch defender, with Trouty, over this guy for years), the more I'm thinking he is a straight punk and that's that.

Ah well. Hard to be a good judge of character from afar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom