Hill: Why not Johnny Manziel to the Cowboys?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Manziel is as overhyped as they come.

He might be exciting to watch but he's undersized, and his "throw the ball up for grabs" bullshit won't work in the NFL.
He is a winner too...which is exciting.

The throw up for grabs stuff is bull. Oh throws it up to his WR...Evans...who was bigger and stronger than any CB covering him. It'd be dumb not to let your playmaker make plays. He could do that with Dez too.

Carp

DCC 4Life
All this mass debating over Manziel when there are many other players to talk about
Sorry...was someone stopping you from talking about a player? I guess we could bitch about Jerry the GM...that's fun.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All this mass debating over Manziel when there are many other players to talk about
I can't think of many players that have been this polarizing though. He is unique, I will give him that.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

The throw up for grabs stuff is bull. Oh throws it up to his WR...Evans...who was bigger and stronger than any CB covering him. It'd be dumb not to let your playmaker make plays. He could do that with Dez too.

I have warmed up to the idea. But only if he's there at 16. No trading up, no giving up picks. Despite what people claim about his limitations, I think he benefits hugely, sitting behind Romo for a couple of years.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

The throwing shit up for grabs is in just about every scouting report written on him. That might work in college, but its not solid QB play at the NFL level.

I'll give you being a winner and a great never quit attitude with him, but other than that he doesn't impress me.

I don't hate the guy, but I don't think he's a player the Cowboys need.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
nobody here is debating we need JF. I think every single person is saying if hes there at 16, we should take him. Give him 3-4 years sitting behind Romo like the Packers did with Aaron Rodgers

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I doubt Romo has 3-4 years left. I would say 2 if we're lucky. Bad backs at his age don't just go away.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
nobody here is debating we need JF. I think every single person is saying if hes there at 16, we should take him. Give him 3-4 years sitting behind Romo like the Packers did with Aaron Rodgers
Not everyone. I'm for getting a QB but not little Johnny.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
If people bitch about the bad decisions that Romo makes from time to time, they'll flip their shit when they see what Manziel tries to pull. I wouldn't draft him as anything more than a 3rd-4th round developmental QB, but I'm sure some GM will way overpay and take him in the first or early second at the latest.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I like that Manziel is a winner, that he's passionate, that he's a playmaker, and that he's not afraid to get in his teammates ass if they're under-performing.

Obviously he needs some work as a QB, but then again, almost all young QBs making the jump to the NFL have flaws in their game that need to be ironed out.

I have no problem taking a flier on guys who love the game, are talented and who are hard workers. I think Manziel fits that mold.

hstour

Brand New Member
He does. Now if he could just make the correct reads before pulling it down and improvising.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Are your QB scouting skills anything like your OL scouting?

'Cuz, uh, well, you know...

:tippytoe
You mean that I liked Tyron Smith and wanted us to draft Larry Warford last year? My track record with o-linemen is pretty good.

p1_

DCC 4Life
QBs taken in the first round can get a five year deal for all practical purposes. So this idea that we would lose someone after developing them is idiotic.

Romo will not be playing three years from now. I give him two.
Im with you. 2 is the best possible scenario. Grooming time for someone.

I think Jones might have a hard time resisting the fan impact value of a Johnny Football.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe he has those.
He does, the real concern is his size. I would prefer a 6'5" QB who can stand tall in the pocket and deliver the ball in the face of pressure but we have all seen that 6' QBs can get the job done in this league.

Top Bottom