Hill: Why not Johnny Manziel to the Cowboys?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If we draft Manziel tomorrow, it'll be the best draft experience for me since the awesome 2005 draft.

I don't care how we get him, just get him.
Site. Maintenance. EVERYWHERE.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If you want him, and he's there past 10, you go get him.

Don't F around with elite QBs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I wouldn't "go get" anyone. Not even Manziel.

If he is somehow a Cowboy, he falls in our laps. Trading up and giving up a pick or picks is basically signing off on the season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Nope. I don't move up for anyone in this draft, let alone risky QBs.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I kind of hope Jax takes him, then I can sit around and enjoy the draft.

Otherwise...we are talking nervous shits of epic levels. The humidity in my pants alone could cause Tropical Storm McBuckets.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't "go get" anyone. Not even Manziel.

If he is somehow a Cowboy, he falls in our laps. Trading up and giving up a pick or picks is basically signing off on the season.
No one we take is putting us over the top this year. Please join the resistance.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think elite QB transcends pretty much anything you could give up in this draft. What if the price is a third rounder to move from 16 to 12 or 11?

If he's an elite QB, what you just gave up barely matters. It's insignificant compared to making sure you have another Tony Romo for the next decade and a half.

I'm not saying I personally am vouching for Manziel being that type of player... frankly I just don't know. I have a good feeling about him.

But if the coaching staff is saying to themselves tonite "If Manziel is there at 16, we are sprinting to the podium, we can't imagine the possibility that he isn't head and shoulders better than everyone else at that spot," then it's not even a decision. If he gets within striking distance that a 2nd or 3rd will get you there, you do it. If you feel that good about the player, the fact that he's a QB makes the price worth it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Nope. I don't move up for anyone in this draft, let alone risky QBs.
Silly talk...I'd move up for a slipping Clowney and maybe Watkins. I'd definitely move up for who I feel is a franchise QB.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think elite QB transcends pretty much anything you could give up in this draft. What if the price is a third rounder to move from 16 to 12 or 11?

If he's an elite QB, what you just gave up barely matters. It's insignificant compared to making sure you have another Tony Romo for the next decade and a half.

I'm not saying I personally am vouching for Manziel being that type of player... frankly I just don't know. I have a good feeling about him.

But if the coaching staff is saying to themselves tonite "If Manziel is there at 16, we are sprinting to the podium, we can't imagine the possibility that he isn't head and shoulders better than everyone else at that spot," then it's not even a decision. If he gets within striking distance that a 2nd or 3rd will get you there, you do it. If you feel that good about the player, the fact that he's a QB makes the price worth it.
Damn dude...you are making all kinds of sense. Hurry up and leave before you fuck up the good will.

Cotton

Staff member
Silly talk...I'd move up for a slipping Clowney and maybe Watkins. I'd definitely move up for who I feel is a franchise QB.
Good luck with that.

There is no way Clowney gets past 3, and no way Watkins gets past 8.

Again, I don't move up in this draft for anyone, especially Manziel, who I feel is a big risk. You apparently would. So noted.

Last edited:

Rogers

Brand New Member
Then I guess the question is what would have to happen to make Manziel slide and what are the odds of it happening?
Undersized, off field issues ... who knows. Players slide sometime and it can be hard to explain.

Cotton

Staff member
Undersized, off field issues ... who knows. Players slide sometime and it can be hard to explain.
Welcome to the board.

Carl

RIP Brother
We are not taking Manziel at 16. He is the opposite of what our HC wants and needs.
Just like I predicted. No Manziel. The HC does not want he got what he wanted. But Cowboysrock55 thought we would take Manziel to put bums on seat. What? That is not our problem.

Top Bottom