Hill: Why not Johnny Manziel to the Cowboys?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would hope our GM, fake or not, wouldn't be influenced by that idiocy.
There is something to it though...I love Romo, but there are just same amazingly bad things that have happened the last few years...and he is usually in the middle of it somehow. This does not discount Jerry's hand in this or absolve Garrett of anything, but there is a trend.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
There is something to it though...I love Romo, but there are just same amazingly bad things that have happened the last few years...and he is usually in the middle of it somehow. This does not discount Jerry's hand in this or absolve Garrett of anything, but there is a trend.
So Duke losing a basketball game with Romo in attendance should somehow matter in regards to how we approach our football team?

Jeezus.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So Duke losing a basketball game with Romo in attendance should somehow matter in regards to how we approach our football team?

Jeezus.
I didn't say that, calm down, but there is a trend whether you say Jeezus or not. Some people are just shit magnets.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Jeezus.
Don't forget about the Mavericks too.

Carp

DCC 4Life
A woman representing you seems fitting.

GSM

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jones squashes Manziel speculation
Posted on May 6, 2014 | By Tom Orsborn

SAN ANTONIO – It’s been four years since the Dallas Cowboys’ last trip to the playoffs, yet Jerry Jones believes the drought could end next season.

“This isn’t rebuilding time,” Jones said.

With that said, the owner all but squashed speculation that he covets former Texas A&M star Johnny Manziel or any other quarterback that could be available in the early rounds of the NFL Draft.

“I’m not that gunned up over what a rookie quarterback could do for us this year,” Jones said.

Speaking at the club’s pre-draft news conference Tuesday in Irving, Jones made it clear that he continues to believe Tony Romo under center is the Cowboys’ best bet for a return to NFL prominence.

“I will go as far as to say it is not our primary goal in the first round to be looking for a quarterback,” Jones said. “We’ve got a good one.”

The Cowboys own the 16th overall pick in the three-day draft, which begins with round one Thursday.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Johnny Manziel would prefer not to play in Jacksonville

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 7, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT

If the Jaguars draft Johnny Manziel tomorrow night, he may not be thrilled about his new home.

That’s the word from Don Banks of Sports Illustrated, who reports that Manziel isn’t wild about the idea of landing in Jacksonville.

According to Banks, that’s not a matter of having anything against the Jaguars. It’s simply about the location. Jacksonville is one of the smallest markets in the NFL, and Johnny Football would apparently prefer to play for a higher-profile team.

Interestingly, the same report says that Manziel’s family doesn’t think Houston is the best fit for Manziel. Apparently the family believes that staying in his home state would make it harder for Manziel to make the transition from Texas A&M to the NFL.

Of course, the Jaguars and Texans probably don’t care very much what Manziel or his family would prefer. If they think Manziel is the right person to lead their franchise going forward, they’ll draft him. And in both places, the fans would be thrilled to welcome Manziel, regardless of whether he’s thrilled about going there.
--------------

Maybe he should go full homo like little Eli and his father did when he didn't want to play in San Diego.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He has a fucking logo now? :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Report: Johnny Manziel would prefer not to play in Jacksonville

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 7, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT

If the Jaguars draft Johnny Manziel tomorrow night, he may not be thrilled about his new home.

That’s the word from Don Banks of Sports Illustrated, who reports that Manziel isn’t wild about the idea of landing in Jacksonville.

According to Banks, that’s not a matter of having anything against the Jaguars. It’s simply about the location. Jacksonville is one of the smallest markets in the NFL, and Johnny Football would apparently prefer to play for a higher-profile team.

Interestingly, the same report says that Manziel’s family doesn’t think Houston is the best fit for Manziel. Apparently the family believes that staying in his home state would make it harder for Manziel to make the transition from Texas A&M to the NFL.

Of course, the Jaguars and Texans probably don’t care very much what Manziel or his family would prefer. If they think Manziel is the right person to lead their franchise going forward, they’ll draft him. And in both places, the fans would be thrilled to welcome Manziel, regardless of whether he’s thrilled about going there.
--------------

Maybe he should go full homo like little Eli and his father did when he didn't want to play in San Diego.

Agent denies report that Manizel prefers not to play in Jacksonville

Posted by Mike Florio on May 7, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT

PFT contacted one of the men who represents quarterback Johnny Manziel after Don Banks of SI.com reported that Manziel prefers not to play in Jacksonville.

“Not true,” Burkhardt said. Maverick Carter, who handles Manziel’s marketing efforts and who some think is behind the notion that Manziel doesn’t want to play for the Jaguars, was with Burkhardt at the time the denial was issued.

One one hand, Manziel has no reason to admit he doesn’t want to play in Jacksonville, if he doesn’t want to play in Jacksonville. On the other hand, he ultimately has no say in the process, unless he plans to sit out for a year and re-enter the draft.

Manziel should have no issues with playing in Jacksonville. The team is coming together nicely under G.M. Dave Caldwell and coach Gus Bradley, and the fan base craves a competitive team. Manziel could help give them that.

And since the team has a limited history of success, Manziel could quickly become the King of Jacksonville, supplanting a certain five-letter quarterback who currently works for the four-letter network’s enterprise that blankets the three-letter conference in which they both played.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Carp

DCC 4Life
Maverick Carter...nice..his entourage even sounds Jerry-like.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know it is absolutely stupid to think Jerry gets him, but I can't help it. This is crazy. :lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If we draft Manziel tomorrow, it'll be the best draft experience for me since the awesome 2005 draft.

I don't care how we get him, just get him.

Top Bottom