Gosselin: entire staff needs to be reassessed

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
How about no.
Then we stop talking about him, period. Of course all of this is premature because if Dallas beats the Eagles again to close the year they are in the playoffs-- and the odds are they will because the NFC East road team always wins in playoff elimination games.

That leaves the following probable seeding:

1- Seattle
2- New Orleans
3- Detroit
4- Dallas
5- Carolina (called that win over SF, BTW-- about the only game I won in pickem this week)
6- San Fran

San Fran plays at Detroit and Carolina at Dallas. That Carolina game is f'ing winnable. I can see Jerry Jones spooging himself promoting another playoff win for Romo.

Then comes the divisional round-- and either opponent New Orleans or Seattle is going to assrape Dallas. If it's Seattle though (a plausible loss in Detroit by the 49ers), the gaping might only be by a couple of touchdowns. You just watch Jerry Jones spin that into a step forward for the organization and another vote of confidence for Garrett.

The only hope is if Dallas is inept in that Carolina game and gets buttfucked at home on national TV. That just might finally oust Garrett (and Marinelli, etc.).

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Then we stop talking about him, period. Of course all of this is premature because if Dallas beats the Eagles again to close the year they are in the playoffs-- and the odds are they will because the NFC East road team always wins in playoff elimination games.

1- Seattle
2- New Orleans
3- Detroit
4- Dallas
5- Carolina (called that win over SF, BTW-- about the only game I won in pickem this week)
6- San Fran

San Fran plays at Detroit and Carolina at Dallas. That Carolina game is f'ing winnable. I can see Jerry Jones spooging himself promoting another playoff win for Romo.

Then comes the divisional round-- and either opponent New Orleans or Seattle is going to assrape Dallas. If it's Seattle though (a plausible loss in Detroit by the 49ers), the gaping might only be by a couple of touchdowns. You just watch Jerry Jones spin that into a step forward for the organization and another vote of confidence for Garrett.

The only hope is if Dallas is inept in that Carolina game and gets buttfucked at home on national TV. That just might finally oust Garrett (and Marinelli, etc.).
I seriously don't see how anyone is even talking playoffs with the way this D is playing. And now, without Lee I see at best another 2 wins out of this team max. If they get some breaks along the way....possibly 3 more wins.

No way they beat the Giants on the road....no way they beat Chicago on the road. If Aaron is back for the Packers....that's an L for sure.

That leaves @ the Skins, Raiders at home, and Philly at home. I see a loss in 1 of those 3 games.

7-9.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think this team could beat the Giants or Chicago on the road, for sure.

I wouldn't say it's likely, but certainly more than possible. Neither of those teams are great.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think this team could beat the Giants or Chicago on the road, for sure.

I wouldn't say it's likely, but certainly more than possible. Neither of those teams are great.
Both those teams are playing better than the Cowboys. Both of them have good WRs with QBs that can throw all over the field.

Cowboys can't stop anyone, even when everyone was healthy.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
People were saying the same thing laughing at Rob Ryan when he bragged that he'd have a job "in 5 minutes."

Lining up, maybe not, but he'll find a spot. It wouldn't surprise me if he is a head coach someday in a more functional environment.

Jesus. Give it up.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I seriously don't see how anyone is even talking playoffs with the way this D is playing. And now, without Lee I see at best another 2 wins out of this team max. If they get some breaks along the way....possibly 3 more wins.

No way they beat the Giants on the road....no way they beat Chicago on the road. If Aaron is back for the Packers....that's an L for sure.

That leaves @ the Skins, Raiders at home, and Philly at home. I see a loss in 1 of those 3 games.

7-9.
Sunday Night was the first night Dallas has been non-competitive. They will likely be back well enough to limp into the playoffs.

Lee is out the bye week + 3 games. Ware, Claiborne, Hatcher, and maybe even Austin probably return for the Giants game, and New York has serious problems up front. They needed a terrible game from Oakland to win and barely beat Philadelphia with Matt Barkley at QB. New York is truly bad.

Oakland in Dallas is probably a win, as is hosting Green Bay who I can't see starting Aaron Rodgers with a broken collarbone. Dallas will have problems in Washington and Chicago, but both of those teams are also limited, unlike the Saints.

I see three wins before they host Philadephia, and Lee will be back in that game for sure.

Besides, my whole point was there will be plenty of reasons for Jerry Jones to stick with Garrett. He'll cite injuries, etc.

But if Dallas gets humiliated at home in the playoffs on national TV, nothing is certain. In that scenario, I could see both Garrett gone and Johnny Manziel drafted, though because of the hype they'll probably have to trade up for him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Without Lee this defense or team isn't winning shit.

Genghis Khan

1- Seattle
2- New Orleans
3- Detroit
4- Dallas
6- San Fran

We will probably lose that final game to Philly though, which means no playoffs and hopefully comprehensive changes to the coaching staff, starting at the top.

Genghis Khan

Sunday Night was the first night Dallas has been non-competitive. They will likely be back well enough to limp into the playoffs.

Lee is out the bye week + 3 games. Ware, Claiborne, Hatcher, and maybe even Austin probably return for the Giants game, and New York has serious problems up front. They needed a terrible game from Oakland to win and barely beat Philadelphia with Matt Barkley at QB. New York is truly bad.

Oakland in Dallas is probably a win, as is hosting Green Bay who I can't see starting Aaron Rodgers with a broken collarbone. Dallas will have problems in Washington and Chicago, but both of those teams are also limited, unlike the Saints.

I see three wins before they host Philadephia, and Lee will be back in that game for sure.

Besides, my whole point was there will be plenty of reasons for Jerry Jones to stick with Garrett. He'll cite injuries, etc.

But if Dallas gets humiliated at home in the playoffs on national TV, nothing is certain. In that scenario, I could see both Garrett gone and Johnny Manziel drafted, though because of the hype they'll probably have to trade up for him.

No prayer in hell we draft a QB high right now.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We will probably lose that final game to Philly though, which means no playoffs and hopefully comprehensive changes to the coaching staff, starting at the top.
I just don't see Philly being able to maintain. A blowout loss probably seals Garrett's future in Dallas, but I think the Cowboys win. Ware, Hatcher, Lee, and maybe Austin all play in that game. You can't project the future based upon one primetime performance in New Orleans. Dallas' other opponents aren't half as strong as the Saints were Sunday night and no environment as unfavorable (except maybe @Washington).

Genghis Khan

I just don't see Philly being able to maintain. A blowout loss probably seals Garrett's future in Dallas, but I think the Cowboys win. Ware, Hatcher, Lee, and maybe Austin all play in that game. You can't project the future based upon one primetime performance in New Orleans. Dallas' other opponents aren't half as strong as the Saints were Sunday night and no environment as unfavorable (except maybe @Washington).
I agree with all of that, I just don't trust this team. They lose plenty of games that they shouldn't.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No prayer in hell we draft a QB high right now.
The cap might prevent dumping Romo, but Jerry will definitely be tempted if Romo keeps having poor outings like Sunday Night. Dallas could have competed in that game if Romo completes some makeable passes. Instead we saw another skittish, inaccurate performance. If the trend continues, why should Jerry pass up drafting a kid he apparently loves?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't rush to judgement about a lot of things. I prefer not to use the knee jerk method of evaluation.
You don't need to apologize...I know it takes some longer than others, but welcome to the party anyway.

Top Bottom