Giants Stuff...

ZeroClub

UFA
Back when he was an assistant at Mississippi State (where he met Joe Judge), Freddie Kitchens and I spoke a couple of times. We lived in the same neighborhood. He was a friendly guy. Humble, too.

Among other things, in the first conversation we touched on his time at Alabama. He was their starting QB for about three seasons -- he followed Jay Barker -- and he caught a lot of grief from Bama fans even though he had thrown for more yards than Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler. I identified myself as a Cowboys fan and we spoke some about Gene Stallings. Stallings was head coach at Alabama during most of Kitchens' time there and, earlier, of course, had been with the Dallas Cowboys for about a dozen years as Landry's defensive secondary coach. Stallings also was head coach of the St. Louis Cardinals when they moved to Arizona. I always thought Bill Bidwell had done Stallings dirty. Anyway, Kitchens spoke very highly of Stallings, with reverence, really, and I also remember Kitchens mentioning how great Stallings was with his son, John Mark Stallings, who was born with Down Syndrome.

The second conversation was brief, but memorable. He knew I was a Cowboys fan and he had just been hired by Parcells to coach tight ends. Kitchens was psyched up, of course. It was his first NFL job and a big break for him. I said some obvious things about how great it was to have a chance to work with Parcells, who valued TEs so highly, and Jason Witten, who was already a pro-bowler. Kitchens mentioned that the team wanted him to begin scouting some TEs for the upcoming draft. I seem to remember Marcedes Lewis's name being mentioned or implied.

Unfortunately, that draft, the Cowboys went on to pick Bobby Carpenter in the 1st round (when Lewis was still available) and Anthony Fasano in the 2nd. Incredibly, Marcedes Lewis is still in the league. He's with the Packers now.

FWIW, Bruce Arians was Kitchens' offensive coordinator at Alabama.

To be clear, at no time in my conversations with him did Freddie Kitchens ever mention internal organs.

Away_Tailgate

Not So New Member
Unfortunately I have to watch the Giants all the time. They are not a good team. They are headed towards another rebuild. Danny Dimes and Barkley, they can't pick up those options. The best part is they will fire the GM and keep Judge. Then in a few years he gets fired! They are going to be rebuilding for a long long time!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Dallas should be able to beat the Giants with a collection of DCCers on the DL.

And Schultzy should look like George Kittle with Mr CEV out there.

I just can't wait to see who 54 bows up to after another 15 yard gain.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dallas should be able to beat the Giants with a collection of DCCers on the DL.

And Schultzy should look like George Kittle with Mr CEV out there.

I just can't wait to see who 54 bows up to after another 15 yard gain.
Logically, I can't think of a valid reason that they play him after only a walk through. It must be to increase ticket sales. A Medium Pepsi and a former Pro Bowl Linebacker? Pack up boys, we are going to the game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Logically, I can't think of a valid reason that they play him after only a walk through. It must be to increase ticket sales. A Medium Pepsi and a former Pro Bowl Linebacker? Pack up boys, we are going to the game.
Jaylon facing his old team. They have to drum up interest somehow.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Really. How can this game not be a sellout?

Top Bottom