Ghelken: Cowboys Cut Taco Charlton

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I find it hard to believe that they couldn't get a 5th round or later pick for him. This transaction just screams lazy front office.

What was the rush?
To clear a roster spot, duh.

Lazy? Not so sure.

But they certainly tripped all over their own dicks how they handled this, from the draft process to his departure.

Easily one of the worst draft picks in team history. You can't shine this turd in any way.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
What a fuckup this whole thing has been

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Per Broaddus, the team Dallas was talking to were the Texans in a player for player swap. Can't for the life of me see anyone that they would be willing to trade for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What a fuckup this whole thing has been
Yeah, but the good thing is you won't have morons suggest that him and a 2nd round pick is the same as a first round pick in trade any more.

That's a plus.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, but the good thing is you won't have morons suggest that him and a 2nd round pick is the same as a first round pick in trade any more.

That's a plus.
Nah there's prob a thread over at teh zone saying just that right now

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
I find it hard to believe that they couldn't get a 5th round or later pick for him. This transaction just screams lazy front office.

What was the rush?
If you believe the reports, they've been trying to trade him for months.

We may not know for awhile (if ever) but I would bet almost any amount of money there is a LOT more to having to release him (and getting nothing for him) then just being a "bad attitude" player.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Wow. What a colossal waste of a first round pick.

What’s worse is the D still is sucking ass when it comes to getting to the QB. Imagine a high motor rusher opposite Lawrence.

Jerry would fuck up a wet dream.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If you believe the reports, they've been trying to trade him for months.

We may not know for awhile (if ever) but I would bet almost any amount of money there is a LOT more to having to release him (and getting nothing for him) then just being a "bad attitude" player.
I'd bet we have been asking for way too much for him since the draft and then word leaked out that he could be released and then it was too late to even get a late rounder

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Wow. What a colossal waste of a first round pick.

What’s worse is the D still is sucking ass when it comes to getting to the QB. Imagine a high motor rusher opposite Lawrence.

Jerry would fuck up a wet dream.
Imagine having defensive coaches that could create a good scheme

Top Bottom