Garrett Watch Thread...

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Gronk made fun of the Cowboys and Jerry Jones...basically calling them out for not practicing in cold wet conditions in preparation for that game. Maybe they couldn't get the cold conditions, but having them practice in the rain would have helped.

And while the Patriots are 10-1, they are not an invincible team- matter of fact that team is very very beatable on a neutral field.

This is easily a game the Cowboys win without the dumbass blocked punt. I also noticed the pass rush went away in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Last edited:

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Gronk made fun of the Cowboys and Jerry Jones...basically calling them out for not practicing in cold wet conditions in preparation for that game. Maybe they couldn't get the cold conditions, but having them practice in the rain would have helped.

And while the Patriots are 10-1, they are not an invincible team- matter of fact that team is very very beatable on a neutral field.

This is easily a game the Cowboys win without the dumbass blocked punt. I also noticed the pass rush went away in the 3rd and 4th quarters.
What I'd like to know is whether jeri would even let the coach take the team outdoors in the rain and make them practice, I have a feeling he'd veto that for fear of sickness or injury or perhaps players complain and jeri over rules the coach

and on the blocked punt, I'm 99.99999% positive Belichick prepared for because he saw something on film

we NEVER have those types of coaching advantages

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Garrett is gone barring a miracle, you can feel Jerry's frustration/anger growing by the week and his comments are only becoming more intense. I have no doubt that they'll have their shit together as far as having candidates lined up, especially since there have been Riley rumblings for more than a year.

Ultimately I think our next HC will be Riley or Dan Campbell, I'd like to see Greg Roman considered as well but I doubt their search goes much further beyond those first two names. I'd be willing to take a gamble on Riley but I think I'd prefer Campbell.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jerry Jones Critical Of Cowboys’ Coaching Staff
November 25th, 2019 at 9:16am CST by Marc Delucchi

NOV. 25: The Cowboys will not fire Garrett or make any immediate changes to his staff, per Werder (via Twitter). Werder reminds us that OL coach Paul Alexander was fired during the team’s bye week in 2018, so there is precedent there, but Garrett, O’Quinn, et al. are safe for now (Twitter link).

NOV. 24: Earlier on Sunday, a report emerged suggesting current Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett could be the next head coach of the rival Giants. New York has struggled under Pat Shurmur and there appeared to be mutual interest between Garrett and the Giants. One thing that remains unclear is whether Garrett will be available. While he has been on the hot seat for much of the season, it would not be the first time public perceptions of Garrett’s job status were incorrect.

At least publicly, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has remained supportive and confident in Garrett — until now. After Dallas’ 13-9 loss to the Patriots, Jones was very critical of his coaching staff, according to Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan. The most critical commentary focused on the special teams unit, which had a number of crucial mishaps against New England. That does fall under Garrett’s supervision, but likely has larger ramifications for special teams ccoordinator Keith O’Quinn.

With that said, some of Jones’ criticism seemed like a more direct indictment of Garrett as well. “When we run up against an opponent that gets it together, we have a tough time coordinating how we put our offense and defense out there and have them playing [well] at the same time,” Jones said. The owner went as far to say that they had been “outcoached” and lacked “coaching fundamentals.”

Fisher had speculated earlier in the day that the rumors connecting Garrett to the Giants could have been an attempt from Garrett’s side to pressure Jones into an extension. However, Fisher opined for Sports Illustrated that could backfire and cause the owner to lose patience with Garrett even quicker than he would otherwise. The shift in Jones’ public discussion lends credence to that argument.

Indeed, Ed Werder of ESPN.com calls Jones’ comments with respect to Garrett his most damning review of Garrett’s work (Twitter link). Werder also speculates (via Twitter) that the Cowboys may have to win all of their remaining regular season games and at least two playoff games for Jones to retain Garrett.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We'll win the shitty East by default, somehow win a home playoff game, bow out the next week on the road, and Jerry will proclaim that he likes the direction of the team. Leading to you know what.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I keep seeing Dan Campbell's name being thrown around. What makes people think he's a good option?
I'm in the dark on this one

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I keep seeing Dan Campbell's name being thrown around. What makes people think he's a good option?
I'm in the dark on this one
It's a leap of faith but I think a good amount of it is that he sort of comes from the Parcells coaching tree and has now spent several years with Payton as his assistant HC. He was a finalist for the Colts job along with Reich and seemingly did a good job of rehabbing the Dolphins a few years ago as the interim HC.

He's not going to be a whizkid play-caller type of HC in the mold of Payton/McVay but I could easily see him being a Harbaugh/Tomlin type of "walk around" coach as long as he has strong coordinators.

As far as the Cowboys go the ties are obvious based on his playing time here, his ties to Parcells/Payton, and the fact that we've basically tried to hire him twice as an assistant in the last few years, including less than a year ago.

Here's some fluff articles that could give some more context:

A matter of when: Dan Campbell on deck for real shot at NFL head coaching
Benefits of mentor Sean Payton? Dan Campbell is ready to be a head coach

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
We'll win the shitty East by default, somehow win a home playoff game, bow out the next week on the road, and Jerry will proclaim that he likes the direction of the team. Leading to you know what.
you know it, if they win 2 playoff games, jeri, in a drunken euphoria, will be like "you get a contract, you get a contract, everybody gets a contract!"

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dan Campbell would be a name I'd actually be slightly interested in.

But at the same time, I'll be the one defending him at this time next year or the year after when everyone else is jumping ship and saying how much he sucks because he does ___________ over and over again and never fixes it.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Campbell is cheap and has a Cowboy pedigree .. just like the ginger. Go out and get a real HC? Heaven forbid.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Campbell is cheap and has a Cowboy pedigree .. just like the ginger. Go out and get a real HC? Heaven forbid.
Who do you want, exactly?

Payton, Reid and Belichick aren't available.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
At least Campbell is a genuine, authentic guy and not a grinning, cliche-spewing media robot.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Go out and get a real HC? Heaven forbid.
never an option with jeri because his miserable in the environment real coaches create and intimidated by strong willed coaches that steal his thunder

Top Bottom