Garrett Watch Thread...

data

Forbes #1
People give words power. The word itself holds none until some pathetic idiot bestows upon it said power with their weak pussy ass mentality. Or, more accurately, trying to play the victim.
An ode, on the other hand, is castrating.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

"And he does a fantastic job of making in-game adjustments. "

:rofl
I'd be worried if I were a Giants fan because this tells me Judge clearly hasn't done his homework or isn't capable of breaking down film.

Everyone here knows that in-game and even in-season adjustments were not his strengths. He either didn't adjust at all, adjusted too late, or blindly reacted to something because he felt he was supposed to, but not because he truly understood what he did wrong -- see Bill O'Brien's awful fake punt decision after not going for the 4th and 1 at the KC 12.

So Judge either came to a head-scratching conclusion after watching a lot of Garrett on film or he just flat out lied and put a statement together that sounded good.

Either way, it's a bad sign for the Giants and a great sign for us.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd be worried if I were a Giants fan because this tells me Judge clearly hasn't done his homework or isn't capable of breaking down film.

Everyone here knows that in-game and even in-season adjustments were not his strengths. He either didn't adjust at all, adjusted too late, or blindly reacted to something because he felt he was supposed to, but not because he truly understood what he did wrong -- see Bill O'Brien's awful fake punt decision after not going for the 4th and 1 at the KC 12.

So Judge either came to a head-scratching conclusion after watching a lot of Garrett on film or he just flat out lied and put a statement together that sounded good.

Either way, it's a bad sign for the Giants and a great sign for us.
Indeed.

He's just trying to sell this lazy hire to their fan base. I'd be livid if I were a Giants fan.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He either didn't adjust at all, adjusted too late, or blindly reacted to something because he felt he was supposed to, but not because he truly understood what he did wrong -- see Bill O'Brien's awful fake punt decision after not going for the 4th and 1 at the KC 12.
This specifically is the typical adjustment you'll see from Garrett.

But one huge difference between O'Brien & Garrett is O'Brien at least tried to adjust during the game. Garrett on the other hand almost always waited until after the game to make the adjustment, and the adjustment was usually in response to him catching hell throughout the week from the media and fans in response to him doing something stupid in the previous game. For instance, abandoning the run in a one possession game.

Instead of catching himself in the moment and going back to the run during the game, it takes him being bitched at the entire week for him to make the adjustment. He'll then come back the next week and make sure the RBs get 25-30 carries.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Garrett is already assembling his loyalists for the inevitable coup.
This is big and weird. It's like Judge is getting advice from Garrett on the defensive staff. Like I said, if true, that would be really weird.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is big and weird. It's like Judge is getting advice from Garrett on the defensive staff. Like I said, if true, that would be really weird.
They should have just hired Garrett. You can already see the guy is going to try and run things behind scenes.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Let’s just nip this in the butt.
It is nip it in the bud.

Nip in the bud comes from horticulture, where trimming a bud from a plant prevents the bud from becoming a flower or fruit. Used metaphorically, the phrase usually means to stop a potential problem before it develops.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It almost sounds to me like they wanted Garrett as HC but couldn’t sell it to their NY fans, so they hired some schlub from New England and pretended they were trying to unearth a Belichick disciple in the rough, when in reality Garrett is basically co head coach.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Sound to me like Judge just doesn't have many coaching network contacts which speaks to why people were taken aback by the hire in the first place.
Being as he's a ST coach without much a resume, this should come as no surprise.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
If an NFL team had a position as a scoutmaster, camp counselor, or head cheerleader, I could see hiring Garrett for one of those. But OC? That's insane.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
If an NFL team had a position as a scoutmaster, camp counselor, or head cheerleader, I could see hiring Garrett for one of those. But OC? That's insane.
Yeah, I was almost expecting him to maybe do the year off thing, garner some “interest” heading into next off season, but he definitely doesn’t have the skins on the wall to cultivate anything like McCarthy did. We’ve watched this guy for over ten years. I’m not saying their offense is going to be awful, but I certainly won’t be frightened of it as long as he is there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Oh and snap.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
“It’s going to be weird because you’re so used to Jason and one thing I loved about Jason, he’s the ultimate, consistent (person),” Smith said after Wednesday’s Pro Bowl practice. “Never high, never low, just (clapping) -- that’s him. He always stayed true to himself, I respect him for that. I learned a lot from Jason, looking forward to whats next.”

Top Bottom