Garrett Watch Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I actually had to look up "nipping". I had no idea it was also considered an Asian racial slur.

I've always heard it used as LT described.
I would never intentionally throw out a racial remark to anyone but I also feel I can’t be held liable to know every derogatory term in the world. I know there may sometimes when words that have multiple meanings in various cultures but what puzzles me is why anyone would think I would know the meaning and intent of something that is literally foreign to every other culture. I still have no idea what the term means in the elsewhere planet and I’m not sure I want to know. It something I try to avoid. The only other ways I have heard it used is with Jack Frost nipping at your nose and drunks nipping from a bottle.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I would never intentionally throw out a racial remark to anyone but I also feel I can’t be held liable to know every derogatory term in the world. I know there may sometimes when words that have multiple meanings in various cultures but what puzzles me is why anyone would think I would know the meaning and intent of something that is literally foreign to every other culture. I still have no idea what the term means in the elsewhere planet and I’m not sure I want to know. It something I try to avoid. The only other ways I have heard it used is with Jack Frost nipping at your nose and drunks nipping from a bottle.
He was joking, no one thinks you were using it as a slur.

Nippon I believe is the Japanese word for Japan. So some people have used the word nip as a racial slur for Japanese people.

Maybe it's old school because my guess is most guys nowadays think of nipples when they hear the word nip. :unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was joking, no one thinks you were using it as a slur.

Nippon I believe is the Japanese word for Japan. So some people have used the word nip as a racial slur for Japanese people.

Maybe it's old school because my guess is most guys nowadays think of nipples when they hear the word nip. :unsure
You use the term nipping and my mind goes to boobs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I actually had to look up "nipping". I had no idea it was also considered an Asian racial slur.

I've always heard it used as LT described.
Same.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
No surprise that once again he lands a coaching position primarily because of his previous personal & working relationship with key members of an organization.

Nepotism for the win.

Which is why I had a strong feeling that the Giants were the only organization that would seriously consider hiring him.
Yep, this actually feels to me more like a Jerry hire. Ownership knows and likes him, so he gets first consideration. Judge doesn't have a big base of former colleagues to choose from, and there's not a no-brainer OC out there on the market, so Garrett gets the job.

data

Forbes #1
With Garrett as OC, This thread should be stickied throughout this upcoming season to document his foibles with the Giants.

data

Forbes #1
Were there any pictures, videos or media present when Garrett cleaned out his office and carried his box to his car for the very last time??

Top Bottom