Gameday Chatter Thread - Week 2 | Cowboys v Titans| 09/14/14

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Somebody installed an emotion/swearing chip in the Coach-a-tron 9000.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Somebody installed an emotion/swearing chip in the Coach-a-tron 9000.

:lol

Oh shit....I missed that yesterday.

I didn't think it was capable of showing emotion.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not yet, but I am encouraged. Maybe Crazy Eyes has finally got it.
I wished we could have had a shot of the eyes as he worked his tip drill to perfection. And fuck the refs taking his 6 off the board. We got robbed, bitches.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There are some teams out there that are just not as good as I thought they would be. Tampa and NO come to mind...I also think Det, Chi, and Atl are not strong either.

As an aside...Carolina and Az are even better than I thought they would be.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There are some teams out there that are just not as good as I thought they would be. Tampa and NO come to mind...I also think Det, Chi, and Atl are not strong either.

Same here as far as Carolina is concerned. They're one of those teams that has gone back to playing physical football, and it's great to see that brand of football producing results and making its way back into a finesse league.

Tampa was a very popular pick with the pundits coming into the season and I never understood why. I didn't think they'd be terrible or anything, but I was shocked at how many were picking them to win that division. When it's all said and done, I think it's going to come down to Carolina and New Orleans. Too much talent on the Saints team to not bounce back.

D

Deuce

Not sure what you were expecting from TB. Their OL is horrid and was expected to be.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not sure what you were expecting from TB. Their OL is horrid and was expected to be.
They had quite a bit of momentum...Smith coming in, adding McCown, some solid FA adds, they were a trendy pick.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sean Payton wasn't very happy with Fat Rob yesterday.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

The honeymoon is over.

Defense gives up almost 600 yards of total offense last week then allows the Browns to go 85 yards from their own 4 yard line to kick the winning FG.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Yea I'd look at DE early on of course too because being able to bring waves of pass rushers is a huge asset, but Crawford has shown some decent push rushing the passer and he's solid against the run. Part of me saying this is projecting that he will continue to improve since it's only his 2nd game back, but if we upgrade at DT and end up starting him and Lawrence next season I wouldn't complain.
Simp is right and Schmitty is wrong, ha. PFF rated Crawford the #1
4-3 DE this week. And that wasn't the only place I saw him receiving high marks. Only 1 game, but not too shabby.

D

Deuce

And this was when they had the lead and the Browns weren't threatening yet. You can imagine what he has to say to Fat Rob after that. :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Parnell sucks. For some stupid reason we apparently don't view Martin as a tackle. We probably look for another guy in April. Or May. Whenever Fag Goodell decides the draft is again.
Where did you hear we don't see Martin as a tackle?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I go RT, we know what we got with Martin at G don't want to tinker with that chemistry too much.

Rather plug in one spot than change 2.
There is a long history of high level NFL tackles interning for a year at guard first. Look at Flozell Adams. Look at Larry Allen.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There is a long history of high level NFL tackles interning for a year at guard first. Look at Flozell Adams. Look at Larry Allen.
Larry Allen was a G the bulk of his career. Look at him if you want to confuse yourself.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Simp is right and Schmitty is wrong, ha. PFF rated Crawford the #1
4-3 DE this week. And that wasn't the only place I saw him receiving high marks. Only 1 game, but not too shabby.
I'm not "wrong", I didn't say he played poorly, but I don't give a shit what PFF has him ranked, he had previously done nothing in his career and was invisible in the preseason, he's gotta show up a lot more before I pencil him in as a starter.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Larry Allen was a G the bulk of his career. Look at him if you want to confuse yourself.
Just saying high level players can make the switch. Flozell is a better example of a player who spent I believe just one year at guard before moving to tackle.

I think Martin will follow that path.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah that was some pretty brutal coverage. Just shows you how important Dez is to this team. If he isn't catching passes he is drawing all the attention of the defense.

Top Bottom