Gameday Chatter Thread | Texans v. Cowboys | - 8/29/13

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree about Lissemore but on the other hand we gave Church a similar deal and he is looking like a decent starting caliber safety making just around 2.5 million a year with less than 4 million guaranteed total.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I agree about Lissemore but on the other hand we gave Church a similar deal and he is looking like a decent starting caliber safety making just around 2.5 million a year with less than 4 million guaranteed total.
Yeah, I can't bitch about Lissemore's contract too much because it's minimal. It's not a bad idea to get backup players on cheap deals like that because sometimes it definitely does pay off. Lissemore is looking like a whiff though.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I DVRed the game last night and watched the first half. Haven't read through this whole thread yet but who in the hell kept getting buried on all of those runs to what would be the left side of Houston's OL? Looked like Ernie Sims was easily taken out of every one of those big runs. What POS DLs were over on that side?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I DVRed the game last night and watched the first half. Haven't read through this whole thread yet but who in the hell kept getting buried on all of those runs to what would be the left side of Houston's OL? Looked like Ernie Sims was easily taken out of every one of those big runs. What POS DLs were over on that side?
Do you mean the guys matched up against their LT/LG?

I didn't see the game but if I had to guess it might've been Wilber, 51?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Do you mean the guys matched up against their LT/LG?

I didn't see the game but if I had to guess it might've been Wilber, 51?
Yeah, the guys matched up against their LT/LG. I think it was Wilber at DE on most of those runs. It was an absolutely pitiful performance by everyone on that side. It looked like a September, non-conference college game where a top 5 team is playing some schedule patsy that didn't even deserve to be on the same field. Houston ran at will and the Cowboys D had zero chance of stopping them with any amount of consistency. It was really bad.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I can barely stomach the regular season debacles much less the steaming pile of dogshit that seems to have happened last night. Hats off to those that made it through that junk.

Lotuseater

Banned
I know its the final preseason game and we are running backups and also running vanilla plays, but there is no excuse for the blatant lack of concentration in virtually every phase of the game. This is why we fail year after year.......lack of depth and lack of concentration by all parties. They better get their butt's in gear.

D

Deuce

I know its the final preseason game and we are running backups and also running vanilla plays, but there is no excuse for the blatant lack of concentration in virtually every phase of the game. This is why we fail year after year.......lack of depth and lack of concentration by all parties. They better get their butt's in gear.
This is the first post I think I've ever seen from you where the theme wasn't "all is well". You're slowing turning to the dark side.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lissemore and also Wilber.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I can barely stomach the regular season debacles much less the steaming pile of dogshit that seems to have happened last night. Hats off to those that made it through that junk.
Today I'm wearing a Cowboys t-shirt and hat and all kinds of random strangers kept asking me "what happened to our 'Boys last night".

I'm like I don't know. I didn't watch that garbage.

One guy that came up to me said he went to the game and I asked him why he wasted his time and money driving to Dallas to watch the 4th preseason game. He claimed it was worth it because of the experience.

I can do without that type of "experience".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just watching this dogshit again makes me understand how lost we are as a franchise.

The Texans acquire talent that fits what they do.

We don't know what we do and just stab in the dark hoping for the best.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Just watching this dogshit again makes me understand how lost we are as a franchise.

"We had several guys look good," Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said. "They all sat on the bench for 60 minutes."

Got that? Who needs depth when you've got quality starters!

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

Why do you do this to yourself? I mean watching it the first time is bad enough. But you choose to watch it a second time?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why do you do this to yourself? I mean watching it the first time is bad enough. But you choose to watch it a second time?
:lol

Yea, I couldn't watch that crap once, let alone a repeat.

Poor Booze.....he loves the game too much to turn and look the other way.

Rev

Staff member

I used to think you were pretty smart.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I used to think you were pretty smart.
I know how he feels to a certain extent.

When you're a football junkie, it's not a hobby or an interest - it's a passion.

You love the game and you're fascinated by the intricacies of it. Coach talk is awesome to listen in on as are breakdowns of coverages and formations and other football related strategy. So when you love the game that much, you can't help but be interested whenever the game is on regardless of the circumstance.

But these Cowboys have just slowly killed a lot if that for me. I still love the game, but I find that I'm not as much of a football nerd like I used to be. I don't watch the play book show every time it comes on as I did 5 years ago. I dont get up extra early on Sundays to catch every football show on before kickoff. I know that the biggest reason for that is due to the state of this team. It's not the same when you have no horse in the race, especially when the outlook is as bleak as ours is.

In Booze's case, it looks like it hasn't affected his interest in the game in spite of the fact that the team has become such a mess.

I mean, you gotta be hard core to watch the 4th preseason game....twice. :lol

Last edited:

Lotuseater

Banned
This is the first post I think I've ever seen from you where the theme wasn't "all is well". You're slowing turning to the dark side.
I've just learned over the years that optimism is the better way, day to day. Dont think the utter futility of it where this team is concerned is lost on me though.

Laughingstock of the NFL.......

I'm rooting for Seattle this year.

Rev

Staff member
I know how he feels to a certain extent.

When you're a football junkie, it's not a hobby or an interest - it's a passion.

You love the game and you're fascinated by the intricacies of it. Coach talk is awesome to listen in on as are breakdowns of coverages and formations and other football related strategy. So when you love the game that much, you can't help but be interested whenever the game is on regardless of the circumstance.

But these Cowboys have just slowly killed a lot if that for me. I still love the game, but I find that I'm not as much of a football nerd like I used to be. I don't watch the play book show every time it comes on as I did 5 years ago. I dont get up extra early on Sundays to catch every football show on before kickoff. I know that the biggest reason for that is due to the state of this team. It's not the same when you have no horse in the race, especially when the outlook is as bleak as ours is.

In Booze's case, it looks like it hasn't affected his interest in the game in spite of the fact that the team has become such a mess.

I mean, you gotta be hard core to watch the 4th preseason game....twice. :lol
Don't need a book to say there are better options. Even watching high school football.

Top Bottom