Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs 49ers | 9/7/14

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's pretty outstanding, compared to where it's been recently. Defense is fun, the AI is much smarter than it used to be in game management. The physics engine isn't perfect but it can be fantastic.

Highly recommend it, especially if someone has skipped the last few years out of disappointment. It's a big step in the right direction.
Yup.

I skipped the last two and planned to skip this one when they said no demo was being released.

But the reviews were positive as was the feedback here in the board, and once I saw that we had enough guys to do a league, I decided it was worth the purchase.

Glad I went ahead and did it.

So happy to see defensive lineman finally matter and seeing receivers run through the catch with no slow down. Those two additions make the game so much more enjoyable for me.

data

Forbes #1
Has anyone been to Arizona's stadium? It looks devoid of any character

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Has anyone been to Arizona's stadium? It looks devoid of any character
It looks like a coiled up snake. I think that's their intention.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Looks like a hemorrhoid.
I went to a game there a few years ago, and I can tell you, it's nothing special.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It looks like a coiled up snake. I think that's their intention.
So the Cardinals wanted their stadium to look like a coiled up snake..sure that makes sense

data

Forbes #1
That's a BS statistic. ESPN and Dilfer just talked about the importance of pocket passers because they are more durable...They put up a stat of games started by QBs since 2005 and it was full of pocket passers.

What running QB has been around since 2005?

Vick was in jail until 2009. Kaepernick, Wilson, RGIII and others are only 3-4 year veterans.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
My kids don't get the pledge. Haven't the last couple of years. Depended on what school and whether private or public, but it is definitely not part of their daily routine, regardless of where they have been.
I have a daughters in elementary & middle school and they say the pledge of allegiance to both the US & Texas flags every day at morning assembly.

data

Forbes #1
Do they still teach My Country Tis of Thee, Grand Old Flag, America The Beautiful and the others?

D

Deuce

I will give Carl one thing, his homeland has some interesting sports. Hurling looks fun as hell to get in to.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Do they still teach My Country Tis of Thee, Grand Old Flag, America The Beautiful and the others?
I don't think they specifically teach those songs in the public schools here but usually the kids end up learning 'America the Beautiful' in music. I think both of my daughers learned 'This Land Is Your Land' in choir as well

Top Bottom