Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs 49ers | 9/7/14

data

Forbes #1
No, its a legit question, just don't see the need. There is no other country involved. Just curious.
Why would it be more appropriate if another country was involved? Wouldn't a handshake identifying your country suffice?

D

Deuce

UCF just played Penn St in Ireland. We played the anthem prior and them after, the Irish anthem was played. They didn't participate, yet we played in anyhow. It wasn't necessary, but it was showing respect. Same with how we show respect for our own country before games.

Carl

RIP Brother
I think Dilfer just said, if Palmer didn't suck he would be a good QB.

Carl

RIP Brother
Why would it be more appropriate if another country was involved? Wouldn't a handshake identifying your country suffice?
Because then both anthems would be played. Not one.

Carl

RIP Brother
UCF just played Penn St in Ireland. We played the anthem prior and them after, the Irish anthem was played. They didn't participate, yet we played in anyhow. It wasn't necessary, but it was showing respect. Same with how we show respect for our own country before games.
I will leave the last word to you, but how is that showing respect for your own country, when no one else is involved. Do you play the anthem prior to your shift at work. I swear, I just don't get it.

data

Forbes #1
I find it as homage to those that allow us the freedom to enjoy the event about to start.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Because then both anthems would be played. Not one.
It's stupid to suggest that we shouldn't play our national anthem before our games.

Carl

RIP Brother
I find it as homage to those that allow us the freedom to enjoy the event about to start.
Is this sarcasm Phil? either way, I wont mention it again, lest I get love it or leave it jibes.

D

Deuce

I will leave the last word to you, but how is that showing respect for your own country, when no one else is involved. Do you play the anthem prior to your shift at work. I swear, I just don't get it.
We used to do the pledge of allegiance before school everyday so that's probably similar. But like I said, I think it's a pride thing and people want to show respect to the country they love.

Not saying other people don't, but I would wager you'd have a hard time finding citizens of a country that love theirs as much as most Americans do.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No, but our kids do the pledge before every class day. No other countries involved.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Feh. I've been more into soccer the last few years. I've spent more and more time out in Seattle, been to a few Sounders FC matches. CenturyLink is fantastic.
:buddy

data

Forbes #1
Is this sarcasm Phil? either way, I wont mention it again, lest I get love it or leave it jibes.
Not sarcasm. And you don't need to hold your tongue, even if you find it ridiculous.

In the same vein, why even have American flags at the entrance of buildings? Or anywhere, for that matter?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I give this thread 2 more pages before Ace tries to convince thorn to join the newest Madden league.

Or he'll tag him in the video games thread.
:lol

So uhhhhh, Thorn....you wouldn't happen to have a PS4 would you?

:unsure

Top Bottom