Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs 49ers | 9/7/14

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't mind us, the Cowboys fans, bashing our team and saying negative things about the game, team, our season, etc. But I have to admit I still hate having to see and hear people bash my team.
Get used to it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah. That's been going on for years. One of the reasons the Cowboys are America's team is because you love them or hate them. There are as many who want to see them lose. That's why the tv ratings are always high.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Let whomever say what they want.

First, the difference in the games was turnovers. It happens. It was actually a closely fought game otherwise.

Second, anyone who draws any conclusions after week one is a fool.

Third, if there is a team that should be a little embarrassed right now it's Philly. Had they played a real team yesterday, they'd have had their doors blown off.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yesterday's game should only be a big deal to a Cowboys fan if you actually expected a decent season out of them.

I have them going 6-10, so yesterday's result is of no surprise to me.

It's gonna be an ugly season, and that was inevitable no matter what happened in yesterday's game.

hstour

Brand New Member
Looking forward to what hstour has in store for us this week.
Defense, particularly the DL, played better than expected.

Special Teams were "eh." Harris' muffed punt was uncharacteristic. But the holding penalty when SF had to re-kick wasn't.

OL played well. Murray ran well. Linehan (or Garrett), how do you not run 2nd 1 at the 2? Idiotic.

Romo was gawd awful. Terrible reads/decisions, that got Dez hammered to where he was having "hydration" problems the rest of the game. This when he had Williams over the top. Off on throws. Missed a wide open Beasley on a no less than a 20 yard gain and was 6 if he could have made one guy miss. Looked like a rookie that was totally unprepared for the speed of the NFL game. Or like someone that didn't practice/play the entire off-season.

Succinct enough for you?

What does it mean for the rest of the season? Ask me after the 4th game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Defense, particularly the DL, played better than expected.

Special Teams were "eh." Harris' muffed punt was uncharacteristic. But the holding penalty when SF had to re-kick wasn't.

OL played well. Murray ran well. Linehan (or Garrett), how do you not run 2nd 1 at the 2? Idiotic.

Romo was gawd awful. Terrible reads/decisions, that got Dez hammered to where he was having "hydration" problems the rest of the game. This when he had Williams over the top. Off on throws. Missed a wide open Beasley on a no less than a 20 yard gain and was 6 if he could have made one guy miss. Looked like a rookie that was totally unprepared for the speed of the NFL game. Or like someone that didn't practice/play the entire off-season.

Succinct enough for you?

What does it mean for the rest of the season? Ask me after the 4th game.
Pretty much.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Yeah. That's been going on for years. One of the reasons the Cowboys are America's team is because you love them or hate them. There are as many who want to see them lose. That's why the tv ratings are always high.
Yep, but it's always better to be hated when you're winning instead of being laughed at when you're losing.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Let whomever say what they want.

First, the difference in the games was turnovers. It happens. It was actually a closely fought game otherwise.

Second, anyone who draws any conclusions after week one is a fool.

Third, if there is a team that should be a little embarrassed right now it's Philly. Had they played a real team yesterday, they'd have had their doors blown off.
I had to read experts saying we were headed to a 2 or 3 win season when it was 28-3. I mean if we commit 4 turnovers and don't cause any every game we could win 2 or 3 games, but its like people weren't even watching the game and commenting about it. We played a damn good football team yesterday and we handed them the ball 4 times. Not many teams are going to run on them like we did yesterday either.

If everything falls into place we could probably have a season like the last 3 where we are fighting for a playoff spot the last few weeks of the season. We're not as bad as we played the first half yesterday.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I had to read experts saying we were headed to a 2 or 3 win season when it was 28-3. I mean if we commit 4 turnovers and don't cause any every game we could win 2 or 3 games, but its like people weren't even watching the game and commenting about it. We played a damn good football team yesterday and we handed them the ball 4 times. Not many teams are going to run on them like we did yesterday either.

If everything falls into place we could probably have a season like the last 3 where we are fighting for a playoff spot the last few weeks of the season. We're not as bad as we played the first half yesterday.
That's true but it's probably for the best if we only win 2 or 3 games.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Very interested to see what the Giants come up with tonight.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hoping for a lot of Coughlin and Eli faces tonight.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Quick three and out for the Giants.

This could get ugly soon.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Helluva catch by Megatron there

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Stafford 149 yards and 2 TDs with 5:12 left in the first quarter.

Eh. Not bad, I guess.

Top Bottom