Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Raiders| - 8/9/13

Lotuseater

Banned
I'm impressed with the raiders depth. And surprised.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
In reality Wilcox shouldn't be making any plays. He hasn't played defense for long and he comes from scrub college. Anything above retarded exceeds expectations.

Lotuseater

Banned
I hope so, cause that's fixable.
Thing is, he's in the right positions most times, just has taken some bad angles. That's him not being acclimated to the speed.

He is much better in coverage than I thought he would be, but he's got a long way to go.

jester

Brand New Member
Soooo....

At first glance. For the limited work 1st teamers get a pass especially the O line.
I don't think that anyone has made a case for themselves outside of what we have seen or come to expect...

The read option D-fense needs improvement. Tanner continues to impress.

Lotuseater

Banned
In reality Wilcox shouldn't be making any plays. He hasn't played defense for long and he comes from scrub college. Anything above retarded exceeds expectations.
This is true. He's better than Church. Church has not been impressive.

jester

Brand New Member
He's got time. It's not like we NEED him to start.

I like that Mo and Dez go at it, but I'd like to see the young guys go against Dez to see what is needed to cover the best.

Lotuseater

Banned
We are getting owned.

Lotuseater

Banned
Well. Very unfocused effort for this team. Not good. Garrett looks crazy mad.

Lotuseater

Banned
I hope that is more than window dressing.
Well, it better be. The offensive line was the lone bright spot. Twilight zone? I think so.

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer
we looked really bad out there. i hope this isn't harbingers of regular season doom.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The first teams were fine.

The defense gave up like 50-60 yards in basically a quarter of work, the Raiders couldn't run the ball at all and all they could muster up were a few dinks and dunks in the passing game, Flynn had 4 completions with 2 against Webb who was filling in with Claiborne out.

Offensively you have to be disappointed with the penalties which killed two scoring opportunities but in the end it's the first preseason game for the starters and we only saw 2 drives. The OL looked fine, especially in pass protection, and Romo was sharp on the 2nd drive. Austin looked decent and Bryant looked ready to dominate, most importantly the OL actually looked somewhat competent.

The backups looked like warmed over shit for the most part, which is disconcerting, but I'm not going to sit here and throw a fit over how our backups looked in an early preseason game. There will be plenty of times to throw fits in the coming months, now isn't really one of them.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Pretty much what this team has had for years. Good starting talent....lousy depth when you need it.

Top Bottom